Market Value for a LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heritage 2020

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings All,

Given the posts about “how much did you pay?”, or “how much to pay?” for a LC 200 Series—I will say that I 100% agree with Mr. DeMuro’s assessment.

I have never understood the willingness to get smoked via “market adjustments”, nor the concept of 72 and gasp—84 month car loans!

NOTE 1: Mr. DeMuro specifically references the LAND CRUISER PRICING DURING COVID, with people freaking out, buying/building loaded “OVERLAND” rigs during a time of wishing to “get off the grid”. The novelty wore off. Now that has died down,….

NOTE 2: I purchased my used 2020 HE (39k miles) in Nov 2022. It was mint/loaded/professionally/fully overland kitted with high end stuff. The previous owner had it dealership maintained religiously and never off-roaded, but drove on highways a lot—as the original factory brake pads were minimally worn. I picked it up at a KBB price and wouldn’t have paid a dime more (VS STOCK HE) for the sheer catalog of professionally installed accessories, etc., or a cent more because of “COVID gouging.”

I hope this is helpful for those looking at LC 200s. My family and I love ours and are hoping to hit 100k miles within a year.

Last edited:
Yup...car prices are coming down.

Yeah - with people carrying heavy personal debt loads and used car interest rates averaging 11.9% with, and I can’t honestly believe this, averaging 72 month terms, and it all makes sense.

after watching the market for some time and doing a lot of searching, we were able to find a 17LX fully loaded and in mint condition and less than 50k miles on her for right at $54k.

from everything I looked over it was a fair deal.

I rifle through CL pretty much every day and what always gets me is the clean 3rd gen 4runner with 280k miles going for $15k. I bought one with e-locker and 160k for $4500 a decade ago. I'm glad to see things settling down. Nice to finally start seeing some 1st gen Tacomas below $10k too.

I rifle through CL pretty much every day and what always gets me is the clean 3rd gen 4runner with 280k miles going for $15k. I bought one with e-locker and 160k for $4500 a decade ago. I'm glad to see things settling down. Nice to finally start seeing some 1st gen Tacomas below $10k too.
The reason I bought my first landcruiser is I was looking for used tacomas as a second vehicle and couldn't believe I had to pay 10-12k for a beater. Ended up paying 4 for my 80. Obviously a number of years ago..

Another creator that actually sell used cars said there is a slump around this time. It will pick up again after the holidays and then tax refund time.
But yes prices are going down especially once the newer GX and LX have inventory available, people are also returning their lease.

$399 a month is only the interest!

Last edited:
1) i bought my tacoma 4 door 2001 150k miles for 11k

I used it for 7 years. At 246k I sold her for $12,100 to a movie studio here in La

now it has UN on doors or Taliban turret on the back (depends on movie).

2) I bought my 2018 utility package tacoma brand new for 22k . We put 52k hard farm miles on it. Sold for $23,500

3) bought a DCLB 4x4 fully loaded Taco for $43k new. Used 2 years, 55k hard farm miles. Sold for $44k

Uugh, I just gave my brother my 3rd gen, which is a 5spd manual and has a trd supercharger.

Last edited:
after watching the market for some time and doing a lot of searching, we were able to find a 17LX fully loaded and in mint condition and less than 50k miles on her for right at $54k.

from everything I looked over it was a fair deal.
I would say that’s a good deal. In 2016 I bought a 2013 LC with similar mileage for 10% less. Most LCs were going for the price you paid, and LXs for more. Given almost 8 years of inflation and a vehicle (LX) which started off more expensive, you did well.

Uugh, I just gave my brother my 3rd gen, 5spd manual, and supercharged.
You are a better brother than me....i've only given my brother a beat up Pontiac grand am and an BMW e30 coupe...(the bmw was cool, wish he hadn't slammed that one into a curb and destroyed the rear end).

NOTE 2: I purchased my used 2020 HE (39k miles) in Nov 2022. It was mint/loaded/professionally/fully overland kitted with high end stuff. The previous owner had it dealership maintained religiously and never off-roaded, but drove on highways a lot—as the original factory brake pads were minimally worn. I picked it up at a KBB price and wouldn’t have paid a dime more (VS STOCK HE) for the sheer catalog of professionally installed accessories, etc., or a cent more because of “COVID gouging.”
...[/MEDIA]

I got the impression Doug was talking more about the $14k+ 80-series and $20k+ 60-series than the 100-series and 200-series (the market-adjusted HE LCs are long gone)

I think pricing for 100 series and 200 series are largely rational. I find it interesting that LX570's are cheaper than the LC200, but c'est la vie.

For the record - I sold several cars during the irrational period after aggressively hunting down great deals including turning a 2015 VW Golf TDI that I bought for $12k + $3k cash into a 2002 996 C2 6-speed triple-black Cabrio (that I absolutely adore and makes the perfect stable-mate to my 2019 LC200 with Terra leather.)

If rates stay where they are, I think cars might start depreciating a bit more, but I think that demand still isn't met by and large, so high-demand, low-production, moderately priced vehicles will not take a huge hit. Tacomas and 4runners have always held their value, as will lower-cost, reliable vehicles. I don't expect the same out of higher-production, higher initial-cost euro vehicles that have typically faced a pretty steep depreciation curve and expensive service (especially as they age.) I think those will definitely come back to earth, but what do I know?

I am watching the air-cooled market start to cool (As I am waiting, cash in hand for my opportunity to snag a good one) so maybe our LC200's will suffer the same fate?

Hoovie also had a pretty good video about luxury SUV's too.

PS. Heritage 2020 - what year group are you? Feel free to hit me up offline. Beat 'em!

I saw that Hoovie's video, I wish he had chimed in with data re the LX and LC. I don't think these fall into the luxury segment he was highlighting, and he had some really good, broad data. I just wish he had shared it on the LX/LC.

From a broad sense what 200 market has been impacted the most?

The only significant impact I have noticed are the high mileage rigs, especially the ones with history that is compromised in some way.

It seems like most of the good to nice rigs have just settled into normal (pre covid) 200 series depreciation rates after the initial ~5/7% covid juice was lost.

Historically, 200’s didn’t carry outlandish residual value, most vehicles in that price range don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom