man, what a PITA!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive done water pump replacements...starters.....alternators ( once, on the side of the road)....belt replacements ( more than once at the side of the road, AND at night, with a fisher price flashlight) power steering pumps.......smog pumps.....new suspension......
and i put my rear bumper on in the rain, on Christmas Eve....but i have NEVER had a more PITA time than changing this that little hose coming of the block and disappearing toward the firewall!!!!!
thanks to the original poster ( i stole your pic )

man...4 effin hours, 1 six pack...and bruises and cuts galore....

Last edited:
wait till you replace the radiator and remove half of the front of the truck

That is the truth, replacing my radiatior was the first major wrenching I did on my cruiser. After ripping all that s*** off I decided to replace my fan clutch, belts and hoses too so I wouldn't have to go in there again, well at least not for a very long time. Didn't replace that hose from the block though, wasn't even aware of its existence. I am going to check it out though, any tips on changing it Hammer?

hammer1 said:
ive done water pump replacements...starters.....alternators ( once, on the side of the road)....belt replacements ( more than once at the side of the road, AND at night, with a fisher price flashlight) power steering pumps.......smog pumps.....new suspension......
and i put my rear bumper on in the rain, on Christmas Eve....but i have NEVER had a more PITA time than changing this that little hose coming of the block and disappearing toward the firewall!!!!!
thanks to the original poster ( i stole your pic )

man...4 effin hours, 1 six pack...and bruises and cuts galore....

Can someone draw an arrow or show another pic of this hose, so that I can check if it has been done on my truck.

Thanks,
Zack

jts560 said:
....replace my fan clutch...

gotten good at those done it once or twice a year since I bought the cruiser:mad:

Zack1978 said:
Can someone draw an arrow or show another pic of this hose, so that I can check if it has been done on my truck.

Thanks,
Zack
it's the tan hose. this is off an 83, if that helps.

as for the radiator, i didn't think that was that bad, just used a lot of 'ujoints' on my ratchet for the two that are on the sides.
DSC01440.JPG
DSC01441.JPG

If ya remove the throttle 'pivot' thingy (mounted on firewall above the hose) it's much easier. ( don't disconnect linkage, just undo the 3 bolts and swing towards brake booster,,,,tape in place 'for now'....gets more hand-room)

nuclearlemon said:
as for the radiator, i didn't think that was that bad, just used a lot of 'ujoints' on my ratchet for the two that are on the sides.

me neither...my radiator was a piece of cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom