LX450 Pass front window not working - Need Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Working on my 97 LX450. Pass side window quit working, no up or down.. Replaced the master switch on driver door.. Seemed to work after that.. But only for a couple weeks.. Then quit working again.. Prior to replacing switch the window would roll up n down if i was finicky with switch in just the right position.. But was a PIA. Pass switch seemed to work fine. So obviously figured this was a switch issue. After the new driver master pass switch quit working i would use pass side only.. That only worked for a day before that one quit working. Tried the pass rear switch (which works fine) and nothing! So this lead me to believe its the window motor.. Replaced the window motor just now and plugged it in to see if it was working and it worked for about 2 sec or so going up.. But nothing down.. Then next time i tired no up or down.. You can hear a click on the up like its sending power but nothing on the down.. This has me fully perplexed.. Anyone else have this issue and any thoughts of where the problem lies.

Thanks in advance..

Well I received no love here on the forum from anyone.. Bit disappointing.. But figured I would share my comments here to the others.. It actually became the master window switch that was faulty causing the pass side not to function.. Now I'm a bit unclear why it would not function by manually hooking up the power to the motor and only going one way.. When I hooked it up to a battery from my drill with a larger gauge wire it worked both ways. Either battery was too low or gauge of wire was to little.. Either way its the master switch that was the culprit.
Hope this can help anyone else with the same issue.

Did you have a bunch of carbon buildup in the switch when you took it apart?

All window motors ground through the master window switch, it's a pretty long run from passenger rear window motor through the body into the drivers door then back into the cab to ground. There are two harness connections from passenger front window to ground (technically three, it passes back through the second one). Could be a loose connection in the harness somewhere if you were getting issues with a new master, maybe it's fixing itself up when you're testing with the drill battery.

All window motors ground through the master window switch, it's a pretty long run from passenger rear window motor through the body into the drivers door then back into the cab to ground. There are two harness connections from passenger front window to ground (technically three, it passes back through the second one). Could be a loose connection in the harness somewhere if you were getting issues with a new master, maybe it's fixing itself up when you're testing with the drill battery.
Good to know.. Had no idea that the master controls other switches when it goes bad.. Figured the other switches were solo from the master and if master failed the others would still work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom