Louisiana/Area For Sale/Wanted: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have never priced OEM, so I can't advise there. I can tell you that I've bought the knock off stuff new for a little more than that.

Considering chromoly's? Here are a couple of things to consider.

-You are AWD now, they will wear faster than the OEM birfs because they are softer and are constantly having force applied to them. A remedy is to convert you tcase to part time, allowing you to dive around in 2wd and push the center diff lock switch to engage 4wd.

-Secondly, the general rule of thumb is 35" or smaller tires are fine with the OEM birfs on 80's. There are tons of guys who have no problems wheeling 35's with these, but an occasional accident can happen. Once you move to 37's, chromoly's are strongly recommended by many including myself.​

Last edited:
never broke one yet . just sayin.

Been reading a ton. So, looks like the only real reason to convert to 2WD is if you're running chromoly. And if I'm staying 35's or under just stay with stock axles. Justin, you're a brilliant man. :idea:

One thing I am confused about though. In my readings I hear people talking about the birfs as though there is a long one and a short one. I understand the long and short sides of the axle but are the birfs different lengths? I wouldn't think so since Justin suggested swapping sides. Just don't want to get into the middle of swapping them to find that I am s*** out of luck. :doh:

Both birfs on your truck are the same length. The birfs on 91-93 are ~5mm (IFIRC) than the 94-97's. They are interchangable between years as long as you have the corresponding flanges.

birds are the same inner axles are not.

Anyone have a driver's side tailgate latch cable for a 4runner laying around?

I have a full set of 2.5 med ome springs, a set of new 30mm man a fre front spring spacers and a cnc'd aluminum fair lead for synthetic winch rope for sale.

Springs 200.00 whole set
Spacers 40.00
Fair lead 30.00
Land rover disco cup holder 20.00

Spring#'s are 851 fronts 860 rears

Also have brand new never been used cable off of a 12000# winch, hook, and fairlead with rollers. 40.00 takes it all.

All items are sold!

Last edited:
*EDIT* Truck is sold. Going to keep the axle parts for a little while, I have a crazy idea. Now that I don't have anything heavy to tow with my truck, I'm going to try to sell it and then buy a toyota(80 or 60). so I might have use of the axle parts. I still have the axle itself, leaf springs, and SAS parts for sale.

Well this is killing me but I need to sell my Toy, in a bind and need some cash. Make me an offer.

89 Toyota 4x4, v6, 5spd almost 200k on the clock

A/C and Heat both work.

The heads were removed and redone along with the front of the motor(new water pump, timing set, and all the seals on the front of the motor)
filter adapter to K&N cone filter(have original filter box and tubing)
removed the EGR valve(it can be added back but you would need to purchase a new one cause the old one was shot)
all the above was done about 5k miles ago.

Aussie locker in rear and all new axle seals and bearings when installed, been about 4 years but only about 3,000 miles on all of it.
Chevy spring conversion in rear with extended/braided brake line and removed the proportioning valve.
home made rock sliders and rear bumper(both of which can be unbolted)
Tires are 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs with less than 5K miles on them but are about 6 years old
Also has a marlin 1200# clutch kit

Make offer on truck

20140730_183955.jpg 20140730_184022.jpg 20140730_184035.jpg 20140730_184047.jpg 20140730_184056.jpg

I have a front axle torn down, in the process of rebuilding it.
I have everything to rebuild it except rotors, calipers(pads and lines will also be needed), and the spindles that the bearings ride on(I was planning on using the ones off of my IFS and This kit).
Hi-steer arms(no steering links or tie rod ends)
The locking hubs i have are Warn not the OEM.
I have with it an open 4.10 diff.
I also have a front SAS hanger and shackle frame tubes and jigs, this set is missing a bushing.
I have an assortment of springs, Rears off my truck and others that I acquired, to build a leaf pack for mounting this axle.
sell all of it for $425 300 OBO

Last edited:
That sucks Davin, if I hear of anyone looking I'll let them know.

ditto

Same here, sorry to hear bud.

Howdy everyone...

Long time stalker, new member from NOLA. I am looking to buy a FZJ80 if anyone has any leads. Cheers!

Hi I'm new to this sub-forum. My name is Ton and I finally found my 80series last month or so. I'm doing my rounds of repairs/mods and have a set of 5 factory LX450 16x8 alloys for sale. Asking 200. I'm located in New Orleans. I will have pictures up this weekend. We all know what the stockers look like...

Hi I'm new to this sub-forum. My name is Ton and I finally found my 80series last month or so. I'm doing my rounds of repairs/mods and have a set of 5 factory LX450 16x8 alloys for sale. Asking 200. I'm located in New Orleans. I will have pictures up this weekend. We all know what the stockers look like...

Welcome bud, and congrats on the pickup of your 80 they are great rigs. I'll be in New Orleans next weekend can I come take a look at them? I'm looking for a second set.

Welcome bud, and congrats on the pickup of your 80 they are great rigs. I'll be in New Orleans next weekend can I come take a look at them? I'm looking for a second set.
Thats fine. The spare has stock size tire that will go with the set unless you don't want it. I can dismount it when I swap my tires to the new wheels hopefully this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom