Looking for Powder Coater in CT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

grayfj40

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All,

I'm going to do a frame up restore on my 74' FJ40.
I have a sand blaster lined up to blast the frame but I'm having problem finding a powder coating shop to do the frame.

Do any of you know a shop around central Connecticut that will do a frame?

Thanks.

I know it is a bit off subject, but have you considered galvanizing and then topcoating the frame with POR15 frame paint. It will be much more durable and last a lot longer than powder coating. The great thing about the galvanized frame is that it will be self-healing. What I mean by this is if it is scratched, the chemical process will fill in the scratch not allowing it to rust. This will not be the case with powder coating. Additionally, make sure you plug all the threaded holes in the frame before coating it with whatever you decide. I am in MA and I do know of a powder coating company in Clinton, MA. Not sure if they are set-up for something as large as a cruiser frame. They did a great job on my 1FZFE valve cover.

I spoke to american dry stripping in Milford and they gave me a name for a powder coating shop. Forgot the name but if you call them they will give it to you. I would also recommend galvanizing. If you call Cruiser solutions they know a galvanizer in MA. Maybe MSGGrunt knows of one also.

Just POR 15 it and be done with it.

Powdercoating is not that good for a frame in the case of repairs being difficult, but it is plenty durable.

I'm sure galvanizing is good, but it is not something I would consider superior everything else. My J**P buddy galvanized his frame and it is showing surface rust, that's south texas for ya.

Blast the frame and keep a decent coat of paint on it and don't neglect it (leaving mud built up, backing it into salt water:doh: , road salt I guess, etc.) it should be okay..

Ditto on the not powdercoating. I epoxy primed my frame and then top coated with enamel. It'll last as long and can be touched up if it ever gets nicked.

DSC00010_sm.JPG

Logan Steel in Meriden did my tub. They did a nice job for a great price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom