Looking for local mechanic in San Antonio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a local mechanic in San Antonio that can work on 70 series cruisers with 3F gasser engine?

Hello! My name is Cody and I work at Performance Cruisers in just outside of Boerne. 70 series with a 3f! wow that's different. Anyways I am a mechanic up here that specializes in Landcruisers. To be honest a 3f will be new to me but we have lots of contacts and information to get whatever is needed. What exactly are you looking to have done? We are located at 115 Pleasant Valley Dr, Boerne, Tx, 78006. Let me know if we can help or if I can answer any questions.

Hello Cody. Thanks for your quick response. I know you must be surprised as most imported 70 series seem to be diesels.

I am just looking for a mechanic that is good with carburetors as the 3F engine has one.

If you are open on weekends, I would like to stop by and meet up with you. I am glad there is a land cruiser shop nearby as I thought there was no one local.

I have done a lot of carb work on the 2f's so I'm sure I can manage, I'll try to do some research in the mean time for parts and such. This won't be a good weekend as we are headed to Costa Rica for some parts and engines. Will be available end of next week or that weekend maybe. Typically we don't do much work on the weekends but if you need to drop it off or swing by to talk it over we can usually work it out. I also live in SA over in the 35/oconnor area and if you are close to my commute home or even where I live I'd consider stopping by to check it out. PM me your address if your interested.

I would like to stop by after you get back from Costa Rica or maybe later on this month. I am a bit far from you as I live near 410 and Fredericksburg road.

I am in no hurry to get it looked at and may even consider an engine swap in the future if you do that kind of thing.

Ok we are back from Costa Rica. Come on by whenever you have time and we will take a look.

Yes we do engine swaps, we have a few sitting around if you want to check out your options.

Awesome. It will be tough for me to get out to Boerne during the week but I will try. It may have to wait until July before I can get out there or during a weekend you are at the shop.

I may also go and get me a sandwich at Bumdoodler's. One of my co-workers raves about that place.

By the way, tried Bumdoodler's, pretty good, didn't know what it was until you mentioned it. I had the reuben and it was good and cheap.

Let me know when you want to come out or if you want I could come down i10 and stop by and check it out on my way home

Glad to know you liked bumdoodler's. I still have yet to get out that way but I am planning on it. Things are a big crazy for me but I have not forgotten.

I am guessing you will probably be closed this Friday too? I will be off that day.

Hi Cody... I just read through this post and realized I live near you (35/Judson). I'm looking for someone to look my rig over and let me know if I need to address any issues. I've got an 83 FJ60 that's bone stock. Let me know bud. Thanks!

Ya no problem, I will be around this weekend if you just want me to take a quick look at it. Maybe a beer or two in exchange? :beer: but if you want the full meal deal then we can schedule you into the shop later next week. Our "full meal deal" consists of compression test, full brake inspection, very comprehensive and complete check out, and we charge 2hrs@ 85/hr although it takes about 4hrs. PM me your address and number if your interested in having me look it over this weekend.

Thanks Cody! I'm currently out of town until the 20th. But I'll PM you and we can get together when I get back! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom