1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DavidAW

DavidAW New Member

Hi All
    Tromz posted earlier about do an HAMOM at his house.
    I think it is Helping a Member of the Month, but not sure. Basically go to someone's house and help wrench and drink and shoot the shit.

I think this is a great idea if we can get a few members out to pitch in on someones project/repair. Should be win-win for everyone.

Is anyone else interested in getting this going?

Maybe we can use this thread to get a list of:
    -Who wants to participate
    -What special tools we have
    -What Projects/Repairs are out there.

Then get a schedule/sing up of some sort.

I just got a Lincoln Stick Welder and I have a 110V Mig.
    Other than that I have basic tools, everything for a knuckle rebuild.
    I've got an SOA project on the 60 in the Parts Gathering stage.

Dave
  2. DomsFJ40

DomsFJ40 Regular Member

Hey all I am looking for an Altanator, Voltage Reg for my 78 FJ40. If anyone has one laying around let me know. Auto shack is back ordered.
  3. tromz

tromz New Member

I have basic tools...but plenty of space.. need some plywood / work mats for the gravel driveway under the rigs. Its not crush and run but the smooth decorative stuff. I crawl around on it all the time . Some floor jacks , air compressors and such. Maybe a few blocks/ jackstands.. I have one set of 6 tons. I use the stock bottle jack and those for my stuff. I need to instal my Ipor skid and fix a lug . Maybe de flare the front..
    The woman works next weekend . Doesn't matter but I do have company on the weekend of the 22. So that would be the only one thats out. Weekdays are also good but prob not for everyone else.
    As far as I know we are here for GA/FL game
  4. tromz

tromz New Member

Milage/gas was a topic on my other thread.. Its 70 miles from my door to north end oceanfront.
    20 -30 in gas in a 80 depending on prices. So adjust mileage acording to location. . If we cach a snag a short storage is not an issue. We can prob fit rigs here without too much musical workshop.
    Big yard ..bass in the lake..:hillbilly: