Lincoln 225 Welder with Onan Motor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I'm a fixen to build some pipe fence for the wife and started looking for a Gas Powered Welder about 6 months ago.

I have asked FJ40Charles so many questions about possible welders that I think he is screening his calls now. LOL

I have found ones that are a deal too good to pass up but the ID plates are missing. Hmm, Stolen?

Many of what I find are the Lincoln Pipeliner welders that are way too big for my needs.

I cannot justify buying a new one since I will use it to build the pipe fence and probably never use it again.

I was looking at a used Miller TrailBlazer 302 but we could not come together on a price and availability. He had to use it to finish a job and would not be done with it for about a month.

I noticed this little Gem sitting in the corner. Lincoln 225 with the Onan CCKA 16.5hp engine. It is a DC welder.

After some fussing it fired up. I forgot it takes 2 12volt batteries to start it since the starter is the generator and requires 24 volts.

I will get pics when the sun comes up.

DC or AC/DC, I am not positive I have ever seen a DC only machine.

If it is DC, and you want Ease.. Get a ready welder and plug it directly into the welder. Instant, portable wirefeed.. And you would have a welder for the trail as well.

Mace,

Dan is going to be welding up some pipe fencing. He'll be going through hundreds of 1 lb spools of wire if he goes with the Ready welder.

Did you talk to Georg about the Trailblazer 302?

Charles

Spent most of the day building fence under the occasional supervision of the wife. LOL

I
After some fussing it fired up. I forgot it takes 2 12volt batteries to start it since the starter is the generator and requires 24 volts.

I will get pics when the sun comes up.
DSCF8306.jpg
DSCF8307.jpg

DC or AC/DC, I am not positive I have ever seen a DC only machine.

I believe the 110 is AC.

Most welders built after 1978 have a switch you can weld with AC or DC current.

If you notice this is 50 Hertz. Didn't the USA change to 60 Hertz in the early 1950"s?

The Duty Cycle SUCKS!
DSCF8308.jpg
DSCF8310.jpg

that thing qualifies as cool btw :)

You must have a newer machine than mine. My machine has an oil bath air filter. Be careful with the manual fuel pump lever; the pump diaphram can be kinda fragile (least mine was :doh:).

Nick

Nice job Dan. DC output with max amperage of 225 and 115VAC plug to run the grinders/saw. I like how the plate says, 15 amps max from each receptacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom