Lengthening drawbar question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need another 12-18"...

...length on my drawbar, you pervs:D. I have an older (shorter drawbar) AT Chaser and my doors just barely clear the tongue box. I'm unable to use the door with the tongue jack down. I know the best solution is to build a longer drawbar with new steel but would using something like below be a bad idea?

Curt Extender for 2" Receivers -18" Long Curt Hitch Accessories C45796

I don't want to extend my hitch out from the truck (thus decreasing allowable tongue weight). I would use it to increase the length of the drawbar.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
jfrench

I'd have to see a picture of your trailer to comment.

Not my trailer but just like mine:

trailer.jpg

Photo by mvbeggs
Kind of looks like this one is that way. Any Kurt stuff I've bought is good and rugged.

Photo by mvbeggs
Kind of looks like this one is that way. Any Kurt stuff I've bought is good and rugged.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that's a later model year with longer drawbar from the manufacturer and not just an extension.

OK, it is hard to see details in the pictures available.

Not fond of the multiple connections that the extension introduces to the drawbar system, but assuming a longer version of the trailer end of the Lock-n-Roll isn't in the cards it could work. I'd be wanting a method to take all of the slop out of the extension to trailer frame connection.

assuming a longer version of the trailer end of the Lock-n-Roll isn't in the cards

Thanks, @ntsqd for pointing out something obvious that I had not known. I'll just get the 15" extended version from Lock-n-Roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom