Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This happens every year and we always end up ok. Also FJ Summit and 100's in the hills are the 2 weeks before ours so we'll get good reports on terrain from them. In some cases it's good to be last... :)

save the best for last!

This happens every year and we always end up ok. Also FJ Summit and 100's in the hills are the 2 weeks before ours so we'll get good reports on terrain from them. In some cases it's good to be last... :)

Understood.

Just reporting from the ground. We had a record snow year.

I travelled over to Creede today to check out some areas. We had snow coming down on the way back over Wolf Creek Pass.

Yesterday I was working on our Jeep and had temps in the 70’s. Within an hour it plummeted and showed. Crazy weather this year.

Hi...this is BTUMAN aka Elite Land Cruisers aka Todd Gatewood. Look forward to meeting so many new people this year as well as connecting to those we know.

For those who were able to sign up for the Black Bear Trail I am leading, there is the bonus trail of Imogene the same day leaving Telluride at 2PM or earlier depending on how our Black Bear Trail goes.

There is still room on the Alpine Loop trail on Saturday should anyone want to have a nice full day the last day. Early start, I know.

I still see some folks with settings as Private....see post above on how to change that....

Cole- Will be great to get a report on Alpine before the Saturday run...hope it is open and Lake City is not flooding then.

Progress on Yankee Boy courtesy of Ouray County Road and Bridge. In their words, "almost done."

:)

How the hell can they tell if they're even remotely close to the original road (trail)?

I imagine they can probably use GPS.

Whoops, crazy few weeks, pays to pay attention ... Just signed up for trails, would love to run Black Bear if a spot opens up but otherwise excited. :) Also have BudBuilt skids on order!

@Tremek I'm doubled up - BBP on Thursday and Friday. I'm only going to do one, the other day my wife wants to hike so we'll either skip wheeling that day or we'll wheel to a hiking trail and spend 3-4 hours hiking around and then wheel back. So at least one spot will open. In addition while I'd prefer to follow on BBP this time, I'm willing to lead BBP and Imogene the day I run them if there's an excess of people interested and not enough trail leaders.

Looking for a wheeling buddy or looking for my BBP spot?

Thursday or Friday. Not sure. We'll be in Ouray on Wednesday (camping at Ampitheater CG and hoping to make the BBQ). I was originally thinking about hiking on Thursday and doing BBP on Friday, and then I lead Corkscrew on Saturday. But then Taco is leading BBP on Thursday and I thought it'd be fun to meet him in person and wheel with him leading. So I may do BBP/Imogene on Thursday and then do a day hike on Friday, possibly one that requires a 4WD trail to get to it. I need to look at the trail books and talk to the boss and decide the plan, I suppose.

Ok so here are the questions I'll pose, folks:

1. If there are a bunch of people who want to do BBP but can't because it's full, I will volunteer to lead a BBP/Imogene run either Friday. Can I get a count of people who want to do BBP but can't because it's full every day? If there are at least 3-4 people I'll do it. That also frees up my current BBP spot. Cole is it possible to set up a second BBP/Imogene run on Friday which is "tentative" (and/or can people sign up for 2 trails at the same time or is that prohibited by Sched)?

2. Can those more familiar with the area recommend some good day/half-day hikes to do with kids 7, 11, and 13? I'd say 5-7 miles is their limit, depending on the terrain. If some wheeling to the trailhead is required I have no objections ;)

3. Along with #2, my wife and possibly the youngest likely won't come along to wheel some (or all) of the time, so recommendations on hikes and other things to explore within walking distance of Ouray would be great (since I will have the vehicle, she will be walking).

Thursday or Friday. Not sure. We'll be in Ouray on Wednesday (camping at Ampitheater CG and hoping to make the BBQ). I was originally thinking about hiking on Thursday and doing BBP on Friday, and then I lead Corkscrew on Saturday. But then Taco is leading BBP on Thursday and I thought it'd be fun to meet him in person and wheel with him leading. So I may do BBP/Imogene on Thursday and then do a day hike on Friday, possibly one that requires a 4WD trail to get to it. I need to look at the trail books and talk to the boss and decide the plan, I suppose.

1. If there are a bunch of people who want to do BBP but can't because it's full, I will volunteer to lead a BBP/Imogene run either Friday. Can I get a count of people who want to do BBP but can't because it's full every day? If there are at least 3-4 people I'll do it. That also frees up my current BBP spot. Cole is it possible to set up a second BBP/Imogene run on Friday which is "tentative" (and/or can people sign up for 2 trails at the same time or is that prohibited by Sched)?

2. Can those more familiar with the area recommend some good day/half-day hikes to do with kids 7, 11, and 13? I'd say 5-7 miles is their limit, depending on the terrain. If some wheeling to the trailhead is required I have no objections ;)

3. Along with #2, my wife and possibly the youngest likely won't come along to wheel some (or all) of the time, so recommendations on hikes and other things to explore within walking distance of Ouray would be great (since I will have the vehicle, she will be walking).

Yeah, we can entertain another BBP/Imogene group on Friday. It would need to stagger the times a bit. I’d prefer not to put it on Sched unless it’s something definite, though.

Re: hiking, check out the Blue Lakes trail that leaves from the end of Yankee Boy. High altitude, but a gem. Otherwise, I’d recommend something off of one of the Dallas Divide roads (details escape me at the moment).

I'm down for both, as I was out of state in the woods and didn't get emails till Monday when I got back into civilization . all the trails were full up .. ill be by my self and will just gps BBP act and do them by my self

Yeah, we can entertain another BBP/Imogene group on Friday. It would need to stagger the times a bit. I’d prefer not to put it on Sched unless it’s something definite, though.

Re: hiking, check out the Blue Lakes trail that leaves from the end of Yankee Boy. High altitude, but a gem. Otherwise, I’d recommend something off of one of the Dallas Divide roads (details escape me at the moment).

Ok Cole let's see how many folks are interested here for BBP and Imogene on Friday. If there are at least 4, then you can add it. I'm fine with staggering the start time as well - Todd's actual run starts at 8:30 according to Sched so I can plan for 9am or even a bit later if we'd like.

I saw some photos of the Blue Lakes hike before and they looked awesome, so if you say it's a gem, then I'll make that my plan for now. I dropped my Thursday BBP "reservation" and signed up with Jeff on Yankee Boy and Governor Basins, so if someone wants to do BBP on Thursday, grab the spot now. I'll plan to wheel YB and will hike with the family, so I may or may not wheel back down with the group depending on what others want to do.

I think we need than 30 min stagger. The groups would be bunched up most likely.

I would recommend at least 1.5 hr. So 10 am departure if a second group is going.

If there are multiple groups running BBP on the same day, break them up by speed. Let the fast group leave first, and slower groups that want to stop for photos, drones, etc... go second.

I just dropped my truck off st Slee for its 90k service appt and some new tires (Nitto RG 285/70/18) and heard a little rumor about the mystery trail... I'm not going to spill the beans, however, but sounds pretty choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom