key FOB function programming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Today I had a locksmith come out and make me a new master key, with remote for my 100. All was going well until we got to the final stage that requires you to lock and unlock the doors a number of times to program the remote functions....Using the power door lock button (on the truck not the new remote) he says we need to lock/unlock 5 times. The problem it will only do it 3 times then it stops (you can hear it trying to lock and unlock but seems like there is a loss of power)...wait a few minutes then it starts working fine, but again it wont lock/unlock 5 times in a row to get into the programming mode...

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Lock and unlock just the driver's door, manually, instead of using the power lock button.

This was the only thing that worked for me, even though my doors would lock and unlock 5 times using the power button on the door.

My best guess is that the actuators weren't opening and closing my locks far enough for the sensors to pick up the code (even though they were in fact locking and unlocking the doors).

Hope that works for you.

Lock and unlock just the driver's door, manually, instead of using the power lock button.

This was the only thing that worked for me, even though my doors would lock and unlock 5 times using the power button on the door.

My best guess is that the actuators weren't opening and closing my locks far enough for the sensors to pick up the code (even though they

My best guess is that the actuators weren't opening and closing my locks far enough for the sensors to pick up the code (even though they were in fact locking and unlocking the doors).

Hope that works for you.

Thanks James

I thought it worked once but hit the wrong button on the remote. I'm not sure if I did something different and accidentally got it to work. I'll keep plugging away at it and worst case I go get robbed at the dealership

James

I am doing the first link, where you have to lock/unlock 5 times. The problem I am having is the doors will not lock and unlock five times for some reason. Everything is fine for two or three times then the locks all stop moving after a few lock unlocks. I hav hear the actuators trying but nothing happens (all four doors) almost like the battery was low. If I wait like 30 sec they all start working again.

Hmm, and trying the pattern by locking and unlocking the driver's door only (using the the orange manual latch instead of the power lock button) didn't work?

The only other tip I can give you is that your timing has to flow continuously as you go through the steps....if you do a few steps, and then stop and read the directions for a minute, it can mess it up. Once you memorize the pattern, go through the steps in one smooth motion without stopping.

Your door lock actuator motor is worn, hence why you can only go through 3 cycles. Its a $5 fix then you will have full functioning door lock actuators again.

Your door lock actuator motor is worn, hence why you can only go through 3 cycles. Its a $5 fix then you will have full functioning door lock actuators again.

$5 sounds good to me. Are you talking about the motor replacement mentioned elsewhere in the forums? Do you know if the drivers door is a master and the other actuators are slaves? Or if to get into programming it is only watching the drivers door lock?

Hmm, and trying the pattern by locking and unlocking the driver's door only (using the the orange manual latch instead of the power lock button) didn't work?

The only other tip I can give you is that your timing has to flow continuously as you go through the steps....if you do a few steps, and then stop and read the directions for a minute, it can mess it up. Once you memorize the pattern, go through the steps in one smooth motion without stopping.

It may be my timing. It seemed to work once but it only cycled once then I paused and hit the wrong button on the remote. I'll keep trying

The door lock actuator motor swap is described here: Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Just buy the motor and swap it out. Honestly all the actuator motors in your car are worn, but its really only necessary to replace the drivers.

My only other advice is to strictly follow the FSM. Follow to a t and you should eventually get it.

The door lock actuator motor swap is described here: Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Just buy the motor and swap it out. Honestly all the actuator motors in your car are worn, but its really only necessary to replace the drivers.

My only other advice is to strictly follow the FSM. Follow to a t and you should eventually get it.

thanks man, Ill give that a shot.

no need. do the manual way. make you you start off with all the doors locked. use the power lock to lock all doors. then unlock only the driver door manually and do the sequence. let me know if this works. i wrote it on another thread do a search

Or you can swap the actuator motor for literally $3 (got mine off amazon), and have a proper functioning door lock actuator making this process easier and having peace of mind knowing that your door actuator motor will last another 100k.

Costs less than a happy meal, so its a no brainer to me.

To be honest I'm not sure. I really just did like James said and memorized the process. It wasn't working so I got pissed and ran through it real fast lol. Ended up working.

I performed this sequence today on my LX and I successfully engaged the sequence (door locks cycle upon completion), but after I am done, my remote still doesn't work. What could be going on?

I programmed 2 remotes today, started with doors unlocked and open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom