Keep an eye to the sky on th 4th of July (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was just released from our C-17 Team, thought I would share.

July 4 C-17 Flyover Schedule

To honor Independence Day, a March Air Reserve Wing C-17 from the 452nd Air Mobility Wing at historic March Field in Riverside, Calif., is scheduled to fly over a record 13 Southern California locations on Sunday, July 4. Piloted by “Globemaster Ambassadors” from the 729th Airlift Squadron, also based at March Field, the flyover schedule is:

#1: Anaheim Stadium at 4:57 p.m.
#2: San Pedro (Cabrillo Beach) at 5:30 p.m.
#3: Los Alamitos at 5:45 p.m.
#4: Woodland Hills at 6:15 p.m.
#5: Starlight Bowl, Burbank at 6:32 p.m.
#6: Hansen Dam at 6:41 p.m.
#7: Simi Valley at 6:51 p.m.
#8: Porter Ranch at 6:53 p.m.
#9: Rose Bowl at 7:00 p.m.
#10: Redlands at 7:13 p.m.
#11: Big Bear Lake at 7:40 p.m.
#12: Lake Arrowhead at 7:45 p.m.
#13: Corona at 8:03 p.m.

What better way to celebrate our freedom on Independence Day than to come out for a C-17 flyover?

Thanks! We are up in Green Valley Lake (between Big Bear and Arrowhead) and will drive out to the point to watch the fly over!

I Guess I'm spoiled, I see 'em all the time coming out of Pt. Mugu.
Got a sweet vid of one the other day while I was at work.
Amazing how quiet they are for being the size of a zip code.

Any idea what time the plane will take off at? I live near March and was going to drive down there to see this specimen. I will have some young ones at my house today that might find that plane highly amusing. They are impressive - I have only seen one though since I have lived over here.

Saw the flyover from Green Valey Lake and it was very cool. We were at a point above the Crab Flats area at 7400ft and watched as it darn near buzzed Lake Arrowhead....

Saw the flyover from Green Valey Lake and it was very cool. We were at a point above the Crab Flats area at 7400ft and watched as it darn near buzzed Lake Arrowhead....

That's cool.. I'm proud to say that I support that aircraft... It is an awesome plane, even more so that its built by folks here in SoCal.. The last manufactured (partially) aircraft left in California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom