Just another exhaust manifold leak. 07 GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's definitely doable.

That's what I did.

I have the DT long tube headers. I had a URD catless mid pipe and magnaflow overland exhaust.

There seemed to be no back pressure and my bottom end torque was terrible (and I'm running 4.56 gears).

I reinstalled the OEM mid pipe with cats and added O2 extensions and installed a universal free flow cat behind the factory Y-pipe.

I get some scent on a cold start for about 2 minutes, but besides that, it smells normal.

My down the road plan is to cut up the URD mid pipe and install free flow cats in there. Hopefully it will be better than the factory pipe, perform well and keep the CEL off.

Maybe I should get an intake...?
Do you feel like you got your bottom end torque back with this added cat in the mid pipe? I want to avoid losing that at all costs—that torque is one of my favorite things about the GX

Being honest, no. It made it much better, but it didn't make it feel like it did before. I chalk it up to running 34"s, bumpers, sliders, RTT, fridge, ECT. It's definitely not as peppy off the line as a stock GX is, but that may be an unrealistic expectation. I was hoping 4.56 gears and the headers would bring it back but they haven't in my experience. They're great in the mid range and my current set up is better than it was with no cats, but it's not all I was hoping it would be.

I've experienced no perceptible loss in low end torque with LT headers and an otherwise stock mid pipe and catback.

Last edited:
I run the DT Long Tube headers with URD Y-Pipes and Magnaflow overland series. The sound is amazing and yes, it does smell horrible. Obviously very illegal, so this setup depends on your risk tolerance.
What part number did you go with if you don’t mind my asking? I’ve got a 2006 470 and I just ordered the DT long tube headers and Y-pipe. Just don’t know which muffler to pair it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom