june club run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like we have possibly 1/2 dozens rigs( Estimated) participating in this Saturday's run. And a handful that will overland @ Horse thief flats are final destination for that day . Just a reminder the rally point is fawnskin on the North side of Big Bear Lake . There is an open parking area directly across from the fire station. approximate meeting time is Saturday 6/19@ 9:30 a.m. . The potential trail #s Have been posted and this is a tentative schedule that will be discussed at a brief driver's meeting that morning . If possible could everyone that is participating whether for the day and/or overlanding . Respond to this post just so I can have an idea of who to expect? The weather will be Above normal , hopefully the heatwave will be on its way east of California by Saturday am . I believe that my cell has a good signal at the rally point for anyone who needs To contact me . Radio Comm can be discussed at the driver meeting . I use a handheld ham "rugged radio: brand.
Marc
714-350-0914

Are we allowed a camp fire?
Not likely

Myself and another member are bringing US forced legal fire rings. But I'm not expecting open fires permitted. Fire risk and drought conditions r bad.
Marc

I'm in for Saturday and camping. 1 vehicle, 2 people. Plan to have Saturday breakfast in Fawnskin. Blue FJ40
Where are you planning on breakfast?

As a potential new member I would like to join this run with my family of four just for the 19th. Will this run require one to carry extra fuel? My 100 doesn’t currently have Jerry cans.

As a potential new member I would like to join this run with my family of four just for the 19th. Will this run require one to carry extra fuel? My 100 doesn’t currently have Jerry cans.
No additional fuel required. Just make sure your full topped off before you head up the mountain .

No additional fuel required. Just make sure your full topped off before you head up the mountain .
I will go one better and top off in BB. This 100 is new to me, but it sure seems thirsty. I have not figured out my range yet.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow.

Planning on joining tomorrow! These trails are a fun selection for the area, not too difficult if I recall correctly!
Great to have you along sir . 👌

Marc

My family is wondering how long we will be on the trails, and I have no idea how to answer. Is this usually an all day event or some other portion (assuming no catastrophic failures)?

My family is wondering how long we will be on the trails, and I have no idea how to answer. Is this usually an all day event or some other portion (assuming no catastrophic failures)?
Most likely for the day run by 4-5pm.

Looks like we have possibly 1/2 dozens rigs( Estimated) participating in this Saturday's run. And a handful that will overland @ Horse thief flats are final destination for that day . Just a reminder the rally point is fawnskin on the North side of Big Bear Lake . There is an open parking area directly across from the fire station. approximate meeting time is Saturday 6/19@ 9:30 a.m. . The potential trail #s Have been posted and this is a tentative schedule that will be discussed at a brief driver's meeting that morning . If possible could everyone that is participating whether for the day and/or overlanding . Respond to this post just so I can have an idea of who to expect? The weather will be Above normal , hopefully the heatwave will be on its way east of California by Saturday am . I believe that my cell has a good signal at the rally point for anyone who needs To contact me . Radio Comm can be discussed at the driver meeting . I use a handheld ham "rugged radio: brand.
Marc
714-350-0914
Hey Marc, I'm one of the newbies & attended the last meeting. I'm in for the run & overnight camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom