Japanese North Face Tent N-1000 Rain Fly Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I have a really cool vintage North Face tent I got in Japan a few years ago and now have the chance to use. It went together great and looks brand new. Everything was wonderful until I tried to put the rain fly on. It doesn’t look like it fits or matches the tent. I’m posting pics and asking the question here hoping somebody can shed some light on the matter. Anybody seen this before and know how to mount them? Or do I have the wrong rain fly/missing parts. I thought about threading the end parts through the tent poles but it doesn’t match up with any mounting points on the tent itself.
IMG_5282.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg

IMG_5281.jpeg

Hey guys I have a really cool vintage North Face tent I got in Japan a few years ago and now have the chance to use. It went together great and looks brand new. Everything was wonderful until I tried to put the rain fly on. It doesn’t look like it fits or matches the tent. I’m posting pics and asking the question here hoping somebody can shed some light on the matter. Anybody seen this before and know how to mount them? Or do I have the wrong rain fly/missing parts. I thought about threading the end parts through the tent poles but it doesn’t match up with any mounting points on the tent itself.View attachment 3389290

View attachment 3389288

View attachment 3389289
It's hard to say without seeing it in person but it looks like it could be the correct size.

A rain fly should be suspended from the tent creating a gap between the fly and the tent. Does the rain fly have a way to not touch the tent?

More pictures?

Does the tent have a model # on the tag?

I would contact TNF customer service. TNF changes their products over time and the CS staff doesn't have exhaustive records of everything they've ever made, but if it's not too far back, they may have official old catalog photos available to them which will help tell if it's the correct fly. Is the side of the tent made with waterproof fabric? If so, this could be a "small fly" concept often used with budget tents.

i was going to say....guy wires. but hoser's pic shows it perfectly.

my old kelty just drapes over the top, but does have buckles to fasten it to the main tent body and one pole to hold the vestibule/entrance up. otherwise the fly just rests on the poles supporting the main body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom