Jack Frost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hate scraping the windshiled in the morning. And now that cold weather is upon us I'd like to install a remote start kit in my truck. I'm interested in a unit that is compatable with my current alarm/door lock systm (OEM) so that it just replaces the existing fob instead of adding something new to my key chain.
Anyone have any experience with adding one of these aftermarket units to a GM vehicle? The truck's an '03 Silverado 1500HD with an automatic. Looking for an easy 2-banana install, too. My automotive electrical experience is very limited...
Mike in PA

Mike,
The obvious choice is to let Cindy run out and start your truck for you each morning. She would be more than pleased to pamper you this way. I saw the pictures of the b-day gifts that she got for you so I know that she spares no expense or challenge when it comes to making you happy.

Good luck

PS We finally got out first frost last week so it is pretty cold here too.

My wife got one from best buy installed. don't remember how much but it worked 1/4 mile away.

My 07 Dodge came with a remote start from the factory, I scoffed at it at first, NOW I use it all the time.
Fun to start it when people are around the truck........ HaHa.

Place a large piece of card board on your windshield and use the wipers to keep in place, it's cheap, effective and earth friendly.

Place a large piece of card board on your windshield and use the wipers to keep in place, it's cheap, effective and earth friendly.

My dd is a 6.0 litre Silverado that averages 11.6 mpg and costs me 80 bucks to fill. I drive a mud slinging 40 with a hi-po 335 hp V8 that's fully locked, running 36" SX's. My house is too big for just the wife and I, but it's "exactly what she wanted".
Nothing I seem to do these days is earth friendly. The cardboard idea is out. :grinpimp: Sorry.
Mike in PA

Mike,
The obvious choice is to let Cindy run out and start your truck for you each morning. She would be more than pleased to pamper you this way. I saw the pictures of the b-day gifts that she got for you so I know that she spares no expense or challenge when it comes to making you happy.

Good luck

PS We finally got out first frost last week so it is pretty cold here too.

Hey Larry,
Those are super top-secret intel photos that you are not to display or discuss with anyone unless you're under the Dome-of-Silence!
However, that said, I like your idea. :grinpimp: Cheap, and eco friendly (somewhat). Unfortunatly for you, Cindy had some choice words regarding your brainstorm along with a single digit hand gesture.
Guess I'll keep shopping?
Mike in PA

Hey Larry,
Those are super top-secret intel photos that you are not to display or discuss with anyone unless you're under the Dome-of-Silence!

I'm trying to decide which is better, the real story or the one I have conjured up in depraved mind.;)

Hey Larry,
Unfortunatly for you, Cindy had some choice words regarding your brainstorm along with a single digit hand gesture.
Mike,
You are being much too sensative about the pictures. It is my understanding from Cindy that I have not even seen the best of the pictures yet, so she has the goods on you ole boy. The real question should be do you have enough money and raw charm to have any chance in convincing Cindy to keep them under wraps (and protect your vanity)?
Also, Cindy is much too kind and refined of a model wife to ever consider, let alone executing, the salute that you claim she offered. Publicly offering such clear falsehoods about your bride is not a good way to keep the previously discussed pictures under wraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom