Is it my igintion switch!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ40 has the V8 swap and along with it a new column, which looks to be a early GM tilt. Looking for help on my symptom

When starting the car, everything seems fine, although I must turn the key/lock mechanism hard to "catch the starter". If I only turn "normal" nothting. Some times I turn hard nothing, so I turn to off, then on, turn hard and nothing, repeat and finally!!!! VROOM!

Is it my ignition switch?

THanks for any help? Would a photo help?

Could be the switch or it could be the starter. Does the starter "click" when it doesn't start? If it does then I would suspect the starter solenoid. If it doesn't then suspect the switch...

Might also be faulty hacked up PO wiring....

not the starter

when it does get power past switch, the starter is fine. I should also share that the previous owner (It a new toy for me 3 weeks old), had a push button on the dash. Obviously me too had problems. I want to use the key switch as the starter, push button worked, but hoky (sp).

Photo of the column
ignition key swtitch.jpg

what!?! no replies with suggestions? Did I stump the forum?!!!

I've been searching around the internet and nothing either. Well, I'm going to try and do an "exploration" on the column, and maybe finally I can add value back to the forum.

Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom