Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello and good day all. Long time Cruiser guy, and knuckle buster. Moved to the Rio Verde foot hills a little over a year ago. Been way too busy with a house
to go play and visit. Now that most of this big house project is done. I have a concrete floor done for a shop. And a steel building in the future. I may have
a bit more time for one of the things I loved to do. go explore with the different modes i have. My wife Robin is here with me and our Two Auzzie pups. Our Cruiser
Is a bit hurt at the moment, but will get the attention it needs soon, so I can again go play with it. My son decided to go where he should not of gone. but these Cruisers
are tough. Looking forward to getting out soon.

Robbie
View attachment 3296971
There’s a few of us out here. I’m off 150th. I think I drove by your place and remember seeing your rig. Colorado plates?

Yes, was in a rental house while we were getting the house built off 168th. Our new house is close to that rental.

It is a shame that access to the forest is closed at the end of 168th now. Even taking the dogs for a walk is more difficult.

Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2000 LC this past Friday. I was an owner of a 2008 Supercharged FJ cruiser for many years (sold it when the market was HOT last year). After I sold it, I knew it was a matter of time before I found myself in another Toyota product. Glad its a LC. Looking forward to meeting some of you !

Just picked up my first cruiser this weekend. 94 model with 300k, needs a little help but it’s Drove it home from Prescott but needs a little pm before I get it road worthy. Located in the west valley, looking forward to some wheeling and camping

8A75D529-8FA6-4613-94DA-DDB2BF28E482.jpeg

Just picked up my first cruiser this weekend. 94 model with 300k, needs a little help but it’s Drove it home from Prescott but needs a little pm before I get it road worthy. Located in the west valley, looking forward to some wheeling and camping

View attachment 3307797

Hey, I saw that 80 and talked to the seller and came real close to driving up there to see it. It seems like it was a pretty good deal even if it needs some PM. 300k does not seem that bad these days.

Jared

Hi All, Andrew here. Long time Flagstaff resident and wife and I are the new owners of a 1994 FZJ80 (FLG via PHX via NC via PA via NJ - yeah, I'm the 7th owner) with 198K miles. The interior (leather! oh boy) is great, body is in good condition, runs well, leaks a bit of oil, sunroof works and doesn't leak, has a bit of rust, and has some work recently done. The plan is to get it baseline and use it as my daily driver, sell my 2009 manual Tacoma (90K miles sole-owner), and reinvest the funds into making it our camping and overland rig too. Long road ahead, and while not a wrencher per se, willing to get the work done and looking forward to a new (and I know, expensive) hobby!

PXL_20230604_221509931.MP[1].jpg

PXL_20230624_211527116.MP[1].jpg

PXL_20230624_211540452.MP[1].jpg

Welcome from another Flag Cruiser Head; over near U. Heights.

Owned a 91 FJ80 myself before and did a ton of work on it over the years, but moved on to my current FJ40. Holler if you need help on anything.

Hi All, Andrew here. Long time Flagstaff resident and wife and I are the new owners of a 1994 FZJ80 (FLG via PHX via NC via PA via NJ - yeah, I'm the 7th owner) with 198K miles. The interior (leather! oh boy) is great, body is in good condition, runs well, leaks a bit of oil, sunroof works and doesn't leak, has a bit of rust, and has some work recently done. The plan is to get it baseline and use it as my daily driver, sell my 2009 manual Tacoma (90K miles sole-owner), and reinvest the funds into making it our camping and overland rig too. Long road ahead, and while not a wrencher per se, willing to get the work done and looking forward to a new (and I know, expensive) hobby!

View attachment 3357124

View attachment 3357125

View attachment 3357126
Welcome. I think I have a new unsued Snorkel for that rig if you are interested. I'm in Glendale, AZ (phoenix) DM me if interested.

Welcome @bi0m3trics ! There are more Cruisers around town all the time. Congratulations on a great new vehicle from another local.

Thanks for the welcome @Pitch @Fergie and @JK FW. Do any of the northern Arizona/Flagstaff cruiser owners get together (ideally with beer involved) to discuss and share knowledge? I saw some posts on monthly meetings, but it looks like they've not happened for a bit.

Also, any recommendations for someone who could give her a thorough look over here in Flagstaff? I've tried several places in town (I don't want to call anyone out) and most either don't/won't work on them or are too full/busy. I've got one lead right now (and have hit a dead end four times) since I think my leak may be my RMS or the retainer seal or maybe the rear arch seal (it's coming from that area but it's not horrible, just annoying) all of which are outside my realm and experience. I'd also appreciate a second opinion on my assessment, plus another idea of what it needs in terms of baseline to be my daily driver.

Thanks in advance and feel free to DM me if it's easier.

Howdy! Name is Hayden. Located in Tucson Arizona. Born and raised. Coming from a off road racing background and now I find myself in this weird LC cult ;). Here’s my 3x locked 94. Looking to add some dudes to wheel with. Tired of the IFS rigs Lol.
Welcome and sweet 80. Always looking for some folks to wheel with in Tucson. Pm sent.

Hey everyone! After finding this group and getting help with my emissions question, I thought it's only appropriate I should introduce myself!

I'm Randy, my wife and I moved to Phoenix from western Colorado this spring and are getting settled in. I retired after 25 years in public safety, and am awaiting the start of training for my next career path...thus enjoying my current "retirement."

I've loved Land Cruisers as long as I can remember! I first had an '83 60 series, though a bit rough around the edges, never ever let me down in the wilds of Colorado.

After months of searching, I found a 1997 40th anniversary 80 series that I had to have! I'm the third owner, and it's been a CO mountain truck since new, living the posh life in Aspen. The fella I bought it from found it with a bad head gasket. He bought it, rebuilt the engine and drive train. It's got an OME 3" medium heavy lift, rebuilt front/rear axles with 4.88 gears, Harrop elockers, 4x4 Labs front and rear bumper, custom rock sliders and a custom roof rack, and Landshark drawers in the back. As with my 60 series- it's gone where I've pointed it without question!

The Rising Sun LC Club in Colorado was too far away for me to be an active member, so I'm looking to get active with this group and otherwise spend time with fellow Land Cruiser fanatics!

Thanks for listening,
Randy

20210521_153930.jpg

20211231_152745.jpg

20210822_170910.jpg

40th Anniversary edition out in its element! Hope to meet you at a future meeting. Contact @Saddletramp for details on how to officially join the Copper State Cruisers as a member. Take care,

Hey everyone! After finding this group and getting help with my emissions question, I thought it's only appropriate I should introduce myself!

I'm Randy, my wife and I moved to Phoenix from western Colorado this spring and are getting settled in. I retired after 25 years in public safety, and am awaiting the start of training for my next career path...thus enjoying my current "retirement."

I've loved Land Cruisers as long as I can remember! I first had an '83 60 series, though a bit rough around the edges, never ever let me down in the wilds of Colorado.

After months of searching, I found a 1997 40th anniversary 80 series that I had to have! I'm the third owner, and it's been a CO mountain truck since new, living the posh life in Aspen. The fella I bought it from found it with a bad head gasket. He bought it, rebuilt the engine and drive train. It's got an OME 3" medium heavy lift, rebuilt front/rear axles with 4.88 gears, Harrop elockers, 4x4 Labs front and rear bumper, custom rock sliders and a custom roof rack, and Landshark drawers in the back. As with my 60 series- it's gone where I've pointed it without question!

The Rising Sun LC Club in Colorado was too far away for me to be an active member, so I'm looking to get active with this group and otherwise spend time with fellow Land Cruiser fanatics!

Thanks for listening,
Randy

View attachment 3368186

View attachment 3368190

View attachment 3368191
Welcome to AZ and hope to see you on the trails soon.

Thanks for the welcome @Pitch @Fergie and @JK FW. Do any of the northern Arizona/Flagstaff cruiser owners get together (ideally with beer involved) to discuss and share knowledge? I saw some posts on monthly meetings, but it looks like they've not happened for a bit.

Also, any recommendations for someone who could give her a thorough look over here in Flagstaff? I've tried several places in town (I don't want to call anyone out) and most either don't/won't work on them or are too full/busy. I've got one lead right now (and have hit a dead end four times) since I think my leak may be my RMS or the retainer seal or maybe the rear arch seal (it's coming from that area but it's not horrible, just annoying) all of which are outside my realm and experience. I'd also appreciate a second opinion on my assessment, plus another idea of what it needs in terms of baseline to be my daily driver.

Thanks in advance and feel free to DM me if it's easier.
Arron at Randy's Downtown Garage knows TLCs well and is a solid dude. If you talk to him directly, just let him know Gavin sent you. His mechanics are solid too.

Hey y'all. I am Mike and live in north Phoenix. I transplanted here 6 years ago from Illinois. I was building a 2019 Tacoma until I went to 23' Overland Expo and saw the 80s cult. I finally found a 96 with factory triple lockers and only 212K miles. I am currently baselining it and looking forward to all the trips with the family.

IMG_3512.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom