Bandeirante Intro: 1991 Cabine Dupla Bandeirante. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought this on an impulse. Glad I did it. Enjoy the pics.

(Can anyone point me to where to find filters and maitainance parts? Need a first oil change)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That's a nice one. New paintwork ex Brazil? Have a look for the corrosion prevention in the hidden corners and the frame. Usually in Brazil there is nothing applied.

My Band is a '89 and the frame is almost without any corrosion and for sure, there was no prevention applied. It's the salt in the cold countries, which really tears down the frames.

Spares:

Oil filter: Toyota 15600.41010
But it seems to be a very common oil filter type, I'm pretty sure you will find a alternative.

Fuel Filter: 23303-56040
Here again, it looks like a standard filter or you can install a retrofit filter for little trucks.

The brakes are different to the other countries, in Brazil they used a local manufacturerer named "Varga". Pretty simple floating calipers with one piston (66mm). At least here in Brazil, those brake systems are also used in the GM S10 or Blazer ( 1995 - 2009 ).

That's a nice one. New paintwork ex Brazil? Have a look for the corrosion prevention in the hidden corners and the frame. Usually in Brazil there is nothing applied.

My Band is a '89 and the frame is almost without any corrosion and for sure, there was no prevention applied. It's the salt in the cold countries, which really tears down the frames.

Spares:

Oil filter: Toyota 15600.41010
But it seems to be a very common oil filter type, I'm pretty sure you will find a alternative.

Fuel Filter: 23303-56040
Here again, it looks like a standard filter or you can install a retrofit filter for little trucks.

The brakes are different to the other countries, in Brazil they used a local manufacturerer named "Varga". Pretty simple floating calipers with one piston (66mm). At least here in Brazil, those brake systems are also used in the GM S10 or Blazer ( 1995 - 2009 ).
I appreciate the inputs @PEOPLES. I have a OM364 Benz engine and it has been hellis finding any parts in the US for it. I heard MOGs use the same engine but it's so far down the rabbit holes trying to scroll through those forums as well. I'll live.

Sorry, I then mixed it up. For sure the '91 has the OM364.

Well, some people say, it's the best engine available in a Landcruiser ;)

The OM364 is the 4-Zylinder version of the very famous OM366. At least in Germany and in South Americas it's a very common engine. There are many applications, in some of the Unimogs as well.

For the Mercedes-Engines, there are many versions for the oil and fuel filter available. I have the OM314 (precessor of the OM364) and use the filters of the OM364, because it'S a '89 version of the engine and in between the model changes they kind of mixed the parts.
From here in Brazil it's hard to search on USA-sites, but look for the OM364, OM366 or the last build OM314/352 engine oil filter. For example a MANN HU932/4x should fit.
There are 2 versions of filter, a long and a short one. I guess (pretty sure), that you have the short filter installed.
-> H932/4
-> OX150D
-> A0001808009

Again, if you don't find the fuel filter as spares, you can replace them by some cartridge system or so, those are very common in different sizes avail.

Found this in my search for parts…no parts yet…. But here is a great article

Where did you buy this from?

Found this in my search for parts…no parts yet…. But here is a great article

My mechic has the truck for a month now. I’ve got to say the tolerance for mechanical deficiencies are much larger for other countries than for the US

I should convert mine to a standard 2F toyota engine and be done with this

Where did you buy this from?
some local dude imported this from his "dad" in Brazil.
stories don't add up but truck is in great shape and it's not like there's another one within the 800 miles radius.
well, I love it and my old lady Loves it and that's good enough.

Last edited:
some local dude imported this from his "dad" in Brazil.
stories don't add up but truck is in great shape and it's not like there's another one within the 800 miles radius.
well, I love it and my old lady Loves it and that's good enough.
Your old lady loves it? That 80% of the battle right there….😂 the rest is a lot easier no matter what. By the way, I know of another one about 75 miles from you….by the way, I love that balcony roof rack and staircase look roll bar. Is it a specific item for this truck or generic?
IMG_9580.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it’s comparable to any 4 door sedan. My Chevy 4 door pickup has more leg room from the back seat. But it’s a great dumping ground for quick purchases without exposing them in the open pickup bed

I think it’s comparable to any 4 door sedan. My Chevy 4 door pickup has more leg room from the back seat. But it’s a great dumping ground for quick purchases without exposing them in the open pickup bed
thanks yeah, im looking at them and just wanted to make sure of the size, thanks

thanks yeah, im looking at them and just wanted to make sure of the size, thanks
It’s certainly not as small as those 1/2 door rear seat pickup trucks I think they call them super cab rather than Crew cab

Your old lady loves it? That 80% of the battle right there….😂 the rest is a lot easier no matter what. By the way, I know of another one about 75 miles from you….by the way, I love that balcony roof rack and staircase look roll bar. Is it a specific item for this truck or generic?
View attachment 3325684
yeah that dude bought it after me...so that was my story and I'm sticking with it :)
Roof rack and roll bar and front brush guard all original with the truck. It gives a truck a bit of character.
Buying these accessories is nearly imposible in the US. Heck i couldn't even buy an oil filter anywhere

Last edited:
Honestly I find it more roomy than my 3rd gen tacoma w/ 4 drs. High roof and lots of legs room. You can tell from the side there.
Get in and out of a two doors is a PITA though.
The rear windows are pitiful. You might get 4-6" on full slide. Meh! enough to flush out the diesel smokes ...lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom