Indiglo meter cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The blue tone of the IC looks cool (like some Hondas & VWs); but I like the unique (I think) greenish white on most if not all Toyotas I've owned...

Dan,
Is there a green globe some where in the IC that create this color tone? If there is then we could yank it off (and add those white LEDs from George ??? )

Frank.

Most of the backlighting bulbs have a green "condom" (Junk's gonna be all over that one :flipoff2: ) over them. They can be removed if one wishes to have "wreckless" dash lighting..... ::)

C-Dan,
Is there a pn for the green light condoms? This is serious question.
-B-

Yes, there are a couple numbers. The numbers are hard to locate because they are not shown in all catalogs and not where you would expect to find them. You have to hunt them down.
90339-04014 fits the tiny idicator bulbs
90339-09004 fits the 158/192/194 size bulbs.

Thanks!

Please order me a 90339-04014 for the tiny indicator bulbs. I guess I should ask for the smart shopper price first, but what the heck...
-B-

$1.09 ya cheap bastich. ::) It's ordered for ya. :flipoff2:

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5100;start=msg40651#msg40651 date=1063400419]
Most of the backlighting bulbs have a green "condom" (Junk's gonna be all over that one :flipoff2: ) over them. They can be removed if one wishes to have "wreckless" dash lighting..... ::)
[/quote]
Gee Cdan - based on size, it looks like they snagged your stash. :flipoff2: Borrow some from B - at his age he can't use them anymore. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

As I was driving home from work this AM in the dark , it occured to me that even though the gauge clusters can be modified to be indiglo , or whatever ... the fact remains that everything else will be the same old green . . . heater controls , clock etc .

Two things before we bury this :

• Can other bulbs be purchased to address this issue ; C-Dan ? et al
  • Could a film be used on the cluster by itself to create a simple colour swap ?

Ty

>> $1.09 ya cheap bastich. <<

Ouch! That's more than I pay for Magnum's at Walgreens! I usually buy them by the gross but don't get much of a discount.

Oh well, at least it's florescent green.
-B-

bling, BLING! :) So much for night vision - all you need now are some neon lights below the running boards (and maybe some 20" rims) :D

Cheers, Hugh

Tyler,

The same thought occured to me as I was jogging this morning(yeah, I don't have anything better to think about while torturing myself ;)

I thought about doing all the switches and indicators indiglo, but that seems like way too much work.

IIRC, you can get different colors of those "condoms" for those bulbs. At least you can get amber, I think. I have also seen some try, heaven forbid, PIAA like white/blue bulbs, as well as LED.

However, I remember reading somewhere that LED was not very suitable because it did(does) not spread the light very much(not 100% sure though).

mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom