How Much Up Travle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how is that? I have not built the drag link yet, it will just be shorter than if I left the arm in the stock location. I dont see how moving the pitman arm changes how much stroke the steering box has.

Shorter pitman arm, longer highsteer arms should solve this.

I can't tell from the pic, but is that a Toyota axle? Are you 100% sure that Toy axle can even steer as far as your pitman arm can swing in the pics?

Shorter pitman arm, longer highsteer arms should solve this.

I can't tell from the pic, but is that a Toyota axle? Are you 100% sure that Toy axle can even steer as far as your pitman arm can swing in the pics?

You'd want to NOT lengthen the steering arm, as this would require more throw from the pitman.

You'd want to NOT lengthen the steering arm, as this would require more throw from the pitman.

Oh damn, you ARE correct! :eek:

Shorter highsteer arms would require less throw from the pitman arm.

I ran into this steering arm/pitman arm length issue a few yrs ago while building my junk......had a helluva time getting the assist ram sized correctly.

Need a longer pitman arm! The waggy arm is not long enough to get full turn on the axle. I need about 7.250" center to center. Does anyone build customs, or would a scout arm work?

Need a longer pitman arm! The waggy arm is not long enough to get full turn on the axle. I need about 7.250" center to center. Does anyone build customs, or would a scout arm work?

If you get a longer pitman arm, you're gonna have more interferance at the spring. A shorter set of arms would still allow full steering without interferance.

What axle are you playing with??

The axle is a HP d44 that I changed to passenger side drop. The steering arms are cool looking but to long. I got a scout arm and cut and redrilled it and now have lock to lock! I notched the frame to clear the TRE nut and have enough room now for everything. I will post pics tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom