Help with my 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys throwing out a life line here ... As some of you know late summer I had my 40's dizzy come apart, after a mixup I finally got a new used one , got It put in but am having the worst time getting my old girl fired up? I'm off this week and next is anyone able to come help me?

Thanks james

disy 180d out?
if you started with number one at tdc it could be on exhaust stroke not combustion stroke

I thought that , so I pulled it re did it, pulled #1 plug out turned it till 1 cylinder was up ( screw diver) ...

It still could be 180° out. You need to make sure the #1 is at TDC compression, not just up, which could be TDC exhaust.

It still could be 180° out. You need to make sure the #1 is at TDC compression, not just up, which could be TDC exhaust.
Yeah: what he said

We got the distributor closer to its correct position on Saturday, but I don't have experience with exactly how it's supposed to be oriented. It did fire up, but wouldn't stay running. One question I had was whether the Bosch platinum plugs are what is commonly used by the 2F guys. My experience is they tend to not fire when fouled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom