Help with hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I recently bought a 2008 GX470 and starting to update some of the hoses. Can anyone tell me what the hoses at the front of the manifold are? Looking for a part# for the right side (starting to crack). I promise I tried to search for the answer before I posted. I borrowed the picture from joemg on the lexus club forum. I hope he doesn't mind I but could not find a clear pic otherwise.

2UZFE pic.jpeg

On a side note, I just authorised my mechanic to replace the rear seal. I'm not sure that was the best decision, but the truck was already that to have the valve cover gaskets replaced...

They are vacuum hoses that operate various systems.

Really no need to replace them with OEM Lexus/Toyota hoses (though there is certainly nothing wrong with that either). You can just go to an auto parts store and buy vacuum hose of a similar diameter by the foot and replace them with that. However, Lexus/Toyota should still offer them for a few dollars each - if you do want to use OE I'd spend some time on Lexus/Toyota parts websites (looking at parts diagrams for the emissions/vacuum systems) and then order the parts from your local dealer or Partsouq (which is often cheaper).

Regarding the rear main seal - you may be kind of far down that road - but my drip dried up with a bottle of AT-205 seal plasticizer, which is $20. Definitely worth a shot relative to the labor of dropping the transmission to pull the seal.

They are vacuum hoses that operate various systems.

Really no need to replace them with OEM Lexus/Toyota hoses (though there is certainly nothing wrong with that either). You can just go to an auto parts store and buy vacuum hose of a similar diameter by the foot and replace them with that. However, Lexus/Toyota should still offer them for a few dollars each - if you do want to use OE I'd spend some time on Lexus/Toyota parts websites (looking at parts diagrams for the emissions/vacuum systems) and then order the parts from your local dealer or Partsouq (which is often cheaper).

Regarding the rear main seal - you may be kind of far down that road - but my drip dried up with a bottle of AT-205 seal plasticizer, which is $20. Definitely worth a shot relative to the labor of dropping the transmission to pull the seal.
Thanks, Rednexus!

I figured they were vacuum hoses, but wasn't sure. I've been searching the parts catalog and websites, but I think I'll take your advice and just get some vaccum hose from the store for now.

Also taking your advice on the rear main seal. I thought the same thing. I've been watching the valve cover gaskets for a while and I need to do the same thing with the rear seal and try AT-205 before I pull that trigger.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom