HDJ81 / HZJ81 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any idea what kind of bullbar is on the front of that thing? Is that just an ARB painted silver, or something else entirely? It sure looks like an ARB, but I've never seen one in anything other than black powdercoat....

Anyone have any idea what kind of bullbar is on the front of that thing? Is that just an ARB painted silver, or something else entirely? It sure looks like an ARB, but I've never seen one in anything other than black powdercoat....

its not an ARB....that I'm sure of. Maybe a ECB or something else from.

From what I have heard and read Toyota seems to have had an OEM bullbar option. Maybe this is it...
???

TJM makes an alloy bar.....?

HDJ81 & HZJ81
The 1HD is a non Turbo version of the 1HDT that was avalible on Australian 80 Series since 1990.
The 1HZ is the same Motor that is in the current HZJ78 & 79 and in the Poverty Pack version of the 105 Series.

I don't know what the deal with the 1 part in 81 Series means as my Farthers 80 Series is an FZJ80R. :urinate:

In the first Picture posted in this thread the Red Car in the Background is the first version of the Prado, And is very similar to the same age Bundera, Except the Bundera is SWB and the Prado is LWB. Both are actually 70 Series.

In the first Picture posted in this thread the Red Car in the Background is the first version of the Prado, And is very similar to the same age Bundera, Except the Bundera is SWB and the Prado is LWB.  Both are actually 70 Series.

77 series 4 door(only 4 door 70 made and not exported to many countries outside Japan) The Prado 70(nothing like the 90 Prado or 120 Prado, which is more like a 4runner) . the older 70 series Prado is leaf sprung front/rear, the Bundera is coil sprung(all around) as use more of a mini truck drivetrain, while the 77 uses a Cruiser drivetrain(same as other HD 70's), at some point and I would say when the 78/9 came out the 77 Prado went to a coil sprung front end/leaf rear. I would love to have a 77! I believe the 77 Prado is still sold or it was a year or so ago.

this is a ZX77 (I think it's 2001 or 2)
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/1150077/25297454.jpg

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/1150077/25297448.jpg

John

The truck in the photo is on the bad link I posted above which is to a japanese export site. Try shortening the link.

The bullbar may be a factory option as a google search on hdj81 produced several of these export sites with one or two other 81s with the same bar. I also pondered whether these might be gov'mnt vehicles from Japan being sold off as surplus as I can't imagine many in Japan would need a bullbar (maybe for traffic at intersections) and it looks commercial rather than an accessory for a private car (especially given the bling factor on japanese cars). Finally, maybe someone has imported these things back to Japan from somewhere nearby but more rugged in order to sell them worldwide.

My 2 cents -- the "81" may be an indication of a minor body or chassis difference to accomodate the 4.2 diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom