HDJ81 exhaust ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing against the boys at ATEB, but pricey, last i checked with John a 3''straight through, galvanised steel he quoted me a thousand dollars? ...that's a 60'series with factory routing.
Also got a quote from Mac-exhaust, these guys do custom exhaust work on diesel's all-day long , my neighbor recommended Knight's Auto. I got a 14gauge galvanised steel 3''dump-back straight through, factory routing+hangers, pro-welded by Mike for $500bucks. This is Mike's specialty, custom fab work on LC's. You might wanna look them up.

Mind you, that's for a 61', maybe an 80 series is a whole different ball-game..

Last edited:
$1000 is less than I paid for my 3" POS from outback. The ceramic is a bit more. But $1000 for galvanized beats the hell out of Outbacks regular steel at the same price point.

$1000 is less than I paid for my 3" POS from outback. The ceramic is a bit more. But $1000 for galvanized beats the hell out of Outbacks regular steel at the same price point.

yeh you should go to them & our cosy for all parts are over $500. so i do not know what beautifull parts will be installed? aerotube turbine stainless still= 260, mandrell band=135, flanges=24, flexed pipe=78,& lastly 45 straight tube ,exhaust mounts oem=66,total=608. so hope you got good deal with it.good luck.thank for you interest.

Aero turbine 3030xl can be bought for 70 bucks....
In the USA
Say 100 to your door

Been a bit boring around here. Lance is away looking for love in K-Town and the weather is crappy... Let's have some fun with this cross border shopping thing...

Aero turbine 3030xl can be bought for 70 bucks....
In the USA
Say 100 to your door

No prob.

Lets do an experiment.

Foreal that is a good deal.

I paypal you $110 and you have delivered to my door one stainless Aero 3030XL new, undamaged in an intact box.

The extra $10 is for your trouble, paypal fees etc.

I am not responsible for any fees tariffs taxes duties etc. over and above the initial $110. I just get the muffler to my door for $110. Foreal is responsible for any costs over and above $110.

This should be a no brainer as I am sure it is far cheaper to get the muffler to my door in Burnaby from the states than up to you in the glorious North.

How about a time limit? I can go buy an aero muffler today in Burnaby. How about a week and a half (10 days) to my door from your source?

Send me your paypal and we will get started, if it is all as you say, the risk is all mine right?

Last edited:
Hell, I'll even sweeten the deal for you and send you $110.00 CDN! This will cover whatever Paypal charges you! Where else are you going to get terms like that? I mean- to get 10 points on you money in 10 days? Wow! And this is before the NDP economic miracle gets voted in next year so you get the jump on all the rest of us who have to wait for Mr. Dix to start turning around our financial lives for the better! You can keep what ever is over the proposed $100!

we should make this a sticky! call it - 'The Great X Border shopping challenge!'

lol

Jesus sea-man.

Usually my luck with shipping USPS allows me to dodge a bullet when it comes to shipping stuff out of the states. If I get dinged, oh well I will be shipping ~600 bucks worth of stainless exhaust stuff soon and will have to take that gamble
If I get charged 100 bucks for my duty, whatever. Its still cheaper for me to go out of the US even getting charged duty, taxes and handling.

I have shipped numerous bigger ticket items or orders and haven't gotten dinged. I have gotten dinged before with larger and even smaller items. In most cases I dodge a bullet and I am willing to take the risk of being taxed and so forth.

It's a muffler. Get the shipper to pack it well. Do you honestly need a muffler warranty, for frick sakes, it's a muffler with no packing. If something was wrong pre putting it on I would contact the seller and say I got a bad one, I would bet they would send me another with photo proof.

This isn't a subaru or a tv were talking about here, some things yes I will buy in Canada to hold a warranty. But I am pretty sure as soon as you weld to your aero turbine it voids the warranty....

you dropped the gauntlet... You wanna back up your statement or what? lol Hybrid4x4 is a business man who makes custom exhausts- you can get parts cheap and fast.. set me up!

$100 to my door Aero turbine 3030XL new in box undamaged then. I will give you $110. 10 days. simplified terms. work better for you?

Sure I could probably go to my local where get someone to track me down an aero turbine for me locally in the small town I live In. They will get it shipped and then charge me for it at the marked up cost because they are a business.
I don't have access to the walk in stores available to you via the lower mainland.

I am not bashing anyone but when I have limited funds I have to be smart with them and that means hunting down the best deals and punching numbers what me cheapest options are for what I want to do.

Same thing went for me importing my vehicles,
I did research and weighed my options.

I have nothing better to do right now. Kid wont sleep...

Editied my original post to make this more do-able and attractive to you..

Last edited:
so then the likelihood of you getting the muffler to my door for $100 is slipping away? I am offering to send you the $110 in advance with no other attachments for my time or travel etc.. I would ask you to wait until morning for me to figure out the paypal thing as I have not used it in a long time..

no risk to you, paid in advance with a 10 point lift...

lol

I am going to have a Canucksafarian post count soon... Datsunbelieveable!

Give it a go, I don't need 10 bucks for my efforts.

I know plenty are in the same boat as me when it comes to funds.

In the event I get nailed for duty and such it's a little but more, not worth 10 quid in my pocket. I am simply trying to say hey you could probably save yourself some good coin here. cheaper than buying local and could potentially save John money. I cannot find any warranty info on aero or even a website for that matter.

http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.com/servlet/the-Aero-Exhaust/Categories

Did your at3030xl come with packing. I have read that some come with or without packing. I might be confused with their resonators as well because MBS states they are packing free.

I figure on the upscale of things it should cost 20-25 bucks to ship USPS.

John built me the exhaust- I dropped off the truck and then picked it up at the end of the day with the thing done. I dont know about packing was just wanting an undamaged muffler. What do I do with the US sourced one if it is damaged in shipment was my contention. No harm, just wanted to know if this was truly as simple as the $100 to your door as you said..

Make a phone call or send an email to then with your concerns. It's still going to be under the 240 or whatever the "cost" of one is

I don't have the luxury of taking my cruiser to ateb and getting an exhaust made. I will have to do it myself with some help. I have friends that can weld. Sure it will take a bit of time but that is ok with me. It's a learning experience. I could have paid someone to rebuild the split case in my truck but I would be out probably double if not more what it cost me and probably would have had to source the mechanic of choice the manual how to do it. Screw that, I'll do it myself if I have the time, want to save money and am willing to learn a bit.

sailor said:
John built me the exhaust- I dropped off the truck and then picked it up at the end of the day with the thing done. I dont know about packing was just wanting an undamaged muffler. What do I do with the US sourced one if it is damaged in shipment was my contention. No harm, just wanted to know if this was truly as simple as the $100 to your door as you said..

Oh we all know you don't work on your truck, totally cool, I don't have the luxury for a number of reasons. That wasn't a comment bashing you for not doing your own work.

I get a better grasp on s*** if I know how it works. Heck if I took it apart and it failed on me out in the middle of nowhere there is probably a better chance I know what to do if I didn't rip into stuff.

Really helps out when you travel remote and get out of the slower mainland if s*** goes wrong.

Good for you. but we have established the $100 to my door thing is a myth right?

Sorry you live so far from JDM central. (like JDM exists anymore!) Just think of all that money you've saved by not having to pay GVRD housing prices! I'm jealous.

I actually work long hours on big diesel powered things, I guess I could work on my truck more but it doesn't make sense, for a number of reasons. I know you aren't bashing- I just wanted my $100 muffler! lol

sailor said:
Good for you. but we have established the $100 to my door thing is a myth right?

Sorry you live so far from JDM central. (like JDM exists anymore!) Just think of all that money you've saved by not having to pay GVRD housing prices! I'm jealous.

Nah I aint giving up on that jazz.
If it will make you really happy I will tell you what happens with my order. If I get nailed I will show you a full cost breakdown for fun. My treat.
You can laugh at my demise if it's over what John stated for the muffler....

JDM is dead, it's an enthusiast market now.
Fresh out of university with no student loans, no job because of our lovely government cutting my work. Trying to save for a house but property taxes in PR is very high for what it is. The city just had to claim the shut down pulp mill and the citizens are paying for it. Don't get me going on this rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom