HDJ81 A442F transmission fluid lines To/From trans fluid cooler….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
I am compiling research to change out an old radiator in my HDJ81. The HDJ81 had an A442F transmission fluid cooler (also heater) incorporated into the main engine coolant radiator and want to know which transmission lines are which To and From the cooler. See pictures. My thoughts are the line on the right side of the picture is outflow (hot) To the cooler and the left (cool) is From the cooler. It looks like there is a switch of some sort attached to the right line, could that be for the ATF warning light? Tracing these lines can be difficult. Any input would be most appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_9976.jpeg

IMG_9975.jpeg

I believe you're right, that's what I figured from the parts diagram:

Post 172 -

I believe you're right, that's what I figured from the parts diagram:

Post 172 -

Hmmmm, so the temperature sensor for the ATF warning light is on the inlet pipe?

Check out these pictures from logicbeyondreason…….it made sense looking at his pictures and getting under my truck and looking at the lines. The “hot” line (from the transmission) enters the bottom of the radiator on the right side (drivers side on the HDJ81) and exits on the left side (cooled) and goes back to the transmission correct?

IMG_1024.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

The blue pipe in the above pictures is the “cooled” fluid heading back to the tranny and the “red” pipe is the “hot” From the tranny correct? Overthinking happens but I don’t want this to become a mess as I am also trying to add an external tranny fluid cooler in the spot in front of the engine radiator where the US 80 series has the cooler mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom