Haggis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess so. What the fxxx is wrong with people?

I dunno...some of them apparently think that the consumption of fermented soy bean product is superior to actually eating meat. Yeah...I know, they're dumb...

I dunno...some of them apparently think that the consumption of fermented soy bean product is superior to actually eating meat. Yeah...I know, they're dumb...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lol

Doug with the win!

I guess so. What the fxxx is wrong with people?

Yeah, why would impoverished people try to get as much food out of everything they have available for them when they could just go to Trader Joe's and get vegetarian spring rolls and some vegan corn bacon?

Idiot.

Yeah, why would impoverished people try to get as much food out of everything they have available for them when they could just go to Trader Joe's and get vegetarian spring rolls and some vegan corn bacon?

Idiot.

Ok, I never suggested stupidity, ignorance or anything of the sort. It is that these folks RELISH it. It is just nasty. I never said Hagiis is, because it is just another presentation of organ meats...no more disgusting than chitlins. The head and FACE of a mammal...on your plate though? Seriously. Same thing with the apple in the pigs mouth. My step mother in law eats pickled pigs feet; my father in law loves tongue sandwiches; my grandmother's favorite food was liver and onions. None of this grossed me out, but a SHEEP'S HEAD, with eyeballs, and esophagus and trachea hanging out? C'mon, don't front that you're a "real man" and that I should be all, "whatever" n' s***. Puh-leez. No god damned way you would eat that.

And for the record, I don't have a Trader Joe's near me, nor a Whole Foods, fxxxer.

I guess you eventually relish what you become accustomed to, no matter why, (such as living on the edge of starvation, etc.) Americans think eating dog or cat or horse is repugnant...but as far as I am aware, where it is eaten, they do not present the head for the diner's delight as they do with a sheep's head.

Ok, I never suggested stupidity, ignorance or anything of the sort. It is that these folks RELISH it. It is just nasty. I never said Hagiis is, because it is just another presentation of organ meats...no more disgusting than chitlins. The head and FACE of a mammal...on your plate though? Seriously. Same thing with the apple in the pigs mouth. My step mother in law eats pickled pigs feet; my father in law loves tongue sandwiches; my grandmother's favorite food was liver and onions. None of this grossed me out, but a SHEEP'S HEAD, with eyeballs, and esophagus and trachea hanging out? C'mon, don't front that you're a "real man" and that I should be all, "whatever" n' s***. Puh-leez. No god damned way you would eat that.

And for the record, I don't have a Trader Joe's near me, nor a Whole Foods, fxxxer.

I guess you eventually relish what you become accustomed to, no matter why, (such as living on the edge of starvation, etc.) Americans think eating dog or cat or horse is repugnant...but as far as I am aware, where it is eaten, they do not present the head for the diner's delight as they do with a sheep's head.

Some people think that cheek is the best and most-prized of all meats. It is what it is, and it is a result of eating what you have available. Chitlins are a good example.

Between the ages of 9 and 23 I took highland dancing lessons. As a result, this meant I spent many snowy evenings being driven down icy winter Canadian prairie roads every year so that I, along with the other girls in my class, could provide the integral Scottish entertainment at these events. If only I had a loonie for every haggis I've seen piped in. I tried it once, years ago, and it wasn't that bad...it was the thought (and smell) of the role of the stomach that prevents me from trying it again.

haggis with some Drambuie please.....

sounds scrumptious...

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.
Haggis is a kind of sausage, or savoury pudding cooked in a casing of sheep's intestine, as sausages are. As the 2001 English edition of the Larousse Gastronomique puts it, "Although its description is not immediately appealing, haggis has an excellent nutty texture and delicious savoury flavour".[1]
Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach. There are also meat-free recipes for vegetarians.
The haggis is a traditional Scottish dish memorialised as the national dish of Scotland by Robert Burns' poem Address to a Haggis in 1787. Haggis is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties" (Scots: swede, yellow turnip or rutabaga and potatoes, boiled and mashed separately) and a "dram" (i.e. a glass of Scotch whisky), especially as the main course of a Burns supper. However it is also often eaten with other accompaniments, or served with a whisky-based sauce.

wow, I just ate and now I'm suddenly hungry again. That sounds awesome, Liam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom