GX Overtrail + cargo dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from the Longo Lexus GX event. They had 5 GX’s. Here are some dimensions for the cargo area.

Cargo opening height

Width between wheel wells

Height from center of load floor

From back of second row seats

From the back of the second row seats tumbled

From the back of the front seats with the second row folded flat (vs tumbled)

Height of the second row folded flat. Also remember that the second row floor is 2" lower than the cargo floor. So drawers would need to be ~8 1/2" to make a platform and not ~10 1/2"

Height of the wheel wells

Widest width of the cargo floor

Height from seats folded flat

Very cramped engine bay

No room under drivers side engine cover

Possibly enough room for an air compressor behind the battery on the passenger side

Seen that GX550 still have battery up front. What about LC250?
Sequoia battery move to rear quarter panel.

Great work! Thanks much.

that was one benefit of the old straight 6 engines — enormous engine compartment

Two observations:

• Does the engine subframe sit lower when compared to the 200? I need to go out and look at mine, because it seems that the transmission skid sits quite a bit lower than how my Slee skids are setup on the 200. Looks like the engine subframe is the driving factor here.
  • It seems that the Tcase on the LC250 may have a bash guard on it, similar to the LC200; but it appears that the GXOTs do not have a bash guard?

Possibly enough room for an air compressor behind the battery on the passenger side
Don't know if y'all are checking out the new Trailhunter 4Runner but it has an air compressor built-in with an outlet in the cargo area.

Don't know if y'all are checking out the new Trailhunter 4Runner but it has an air compressor built-in with an outlet in the cargo area.
There was a picture somewhere of the same in one of the new GXs. There were no other details offered.

I was surprised to see the vacuum booster (vs electric booster).

1713227071220.png

Just got back from the Longo Lexus GX event. They had 5 GX’s. Here are some dimensions for the cargo area.

Cargo opening height

Width between wheel wells

Height from center of load floor

From back of second row seats

From the back of the second row seats tumbled

From the back of the front seats with the second row folded flat (vs tumbled)

Height of the second row folded flat. Also remember that the second row floor is 2" lower than the cargo floor. So drawers would need to be ~8 1/2" to make a platform and not ~10 1/2"

Height of the wheel wells

Widest width of the cargo floor

Height from seats folded flat

Very cramped engine bay

Data! Thanks.

I was surprised to see the vacuum booster (vs electric booster).

View attachment 3608128
Turbo vehicle usually bad at creating vacuum under boost. They normally have electric vacuum pump to compensate for that.

The modern brake modulator are capable to do the same as the old expensive electric master cylinder at much lower price. Probably the reason ATRAC does not make horrendous noise anymore.

What’s the pros/cons of this?
Well, pro of vacuum booster is it is simple and cheaper. Con is it doesn't typically develop as much brake boost or ultimately as much brake line pressure as an electric system. For me, I prefer the stock brake system to be slightly overboosted and so when I upsize the tires and add significant weight, it feels just right.

And just FYI, the LX600/LC300 has an electric booster but same engine. Cost cutting on the 250? Maybe?

Just measured the Forester, and these measurements and pretty much the same with the exception of the GX being a couple inches taller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom