Good news! Automatic FSM Download available! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope I don't need it for a while, but a 2006 LC would be handy.

Thanks for your efforts!
Sorry for the long wait but the updated listing has the 2006 LC Repair Manual up now. Let me know if there is anything else you need :grinpimp:

-----Nate

Nater, Just tried this but had a problem... techinfo didn't "drop" an SMSESSION cookie.... Did get some cookies but not that one... tried using what it gave and did run through a dos program but nothing downloaded/saved??
Will try it again... probably me!!!

Help - I had the same problem -

I use Internet Explorer with a Norton Firewall/anti-virus.

Thanks for your work,
Ed

Nate,
Can you put up a script for an '05 4runner too?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed,
Sorry, I was out having new 33" Revo's fit on the LX, just got back and did a new run for the 4Runner.
This post has the updated listing.

About the cookies: I'm working on a c++ application in which you can type your username and password, it will "log in" to TIS automatically, and have cookies.txt created for you automatically, but I've run into a problem because toyota flags their cookies so that windows will not pass them for scripting, and I'm trying to work around that. The only other solution I know of is a complicated proxying system or simply using Mozilla Firefox and then going into the options and hitting "Show Cookies" before you close the window with the TIS page open.

Let me know if you still have trouble and I can try to be more specific, there is also some info in that thread where the listings are if it helps.

-----Nate

Can you also add the 2001 LX470?

These FSM downloader packages contain all the links to the specific veh/yr+doc on the techinfo site, broken down into files. A batch file is included which calls wget and puts the PDFs into a meaningful directory structure that mimics the layout Toyota provides on the website. I had a user tell me he cross referenced it with a paper FSM and it all matched up, so I'm pretty sure it is complete.

Same cookie issue- I did change my "accept cookie" setting in IE to the lowest security and still no cookie dropped from the site. Next time I purchase a day I will check the option to "remember my billing information" and maybe that will work. I'll also make sure I have enough free time to download stuff in case it doesn't work again.

I ran the downloader and it seems like it works, but is getting errors I guess because of the missing cookie info.

oooh, excellent job here. thanks for all the work.

btw, some folks are raving about the "new features" manuals. And the EWDs are criticial of course.

This may well end up in the FAQ...

(well, especially if it has the full complement of stuff for 97s and 03s... the most important years...! :D :D :D )

CrusrDug,
Can you try it in Firefox? So far that is the only way I know of to get the cookie data short of running a local proxy and manually reading the headers from your IE page requests.

CrusrDug,
Can you try it in Firefox? So far that is the only way I know of to get the cookie data short of running a local proxy and manually reading the headers from your IE page requests.

Just completed it using FireFox. Worked great using directions given.

CrusrDug,

Downloaded and used Firefox to obtain cookie. Repeated instructions and it worked great. I still had enough time on my one day access to complete entire download.

Thanks again NatorGator!

I have a 4 minute 68mb movie on how to do everything you need to do to get this manual. I tried uploading on YouTube and Google videos and it looks really bad because this movie was made in a 1024 x 768 resolution screen.

Is there anybody with some space on a server that can host this? If so, I can send this evening.

Thanks Nate,
I finally loaded Firefox and it worked great!

What about the TSB's?

Ed

Every thing worked great NaterGator. Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks Nate,
I finally loaded Firefox and it worked great!

What about the TSB's?

Ed
Ed,
I'm about to do a massive update of the listing, so check back tonight. There will be alot more stuff. I'm using a newer even more automated method which I'm pretty sure is working, but of course beta testers are helpful! :beer:

All else, glad it's working well for you.

tsobrado, let me watch my server stats for a few more days. I technically have 2TB of transfer/mo but I don't know how dreamhost will actually respond to a massive spike in my bandwidth.
-----Nate

Worked like a champ for me...nice work. What are the chances of getting a DL'er for a 2001 4Runner?

I would suggest to take it easy on all this downloading. Seems like it would be best to spread it over a period of time to make sure Toy does not shut everything down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom