For Sale good deal? BJ45LVs feedback 1982 LONG LIMITED ED. import (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tough to call valuable with an engine that arguably needs to go....or get a turbo at minimum.

id say $10-12k depending on rust etc given that engine and the need to tackle a change of some sort. Ive seen these troopys sit at $14k a while so im assuming top dollar fetched is a few k less. Of course theres impeccible examples that are faithfully restored which would catch alot more $$$ with things like 2h engines or 1hz. etc...(ready to go -more appropriatly sized- matched to a troopy than 3b).

many people struggle with the 3b in a 40 series.......so additional weight of long framed/ bodied Troopy would relegate it to farm truck status vs freeway flier.

red flags would be bumper (not stock) and rear fender lips so i would be curious how other things were done during the so called restoration 5 years ago. without some "boots on the ground" to take a look- youd be rolling the dice and hoping its not a bucket o coverup painted rust and funkily / shoddily redone stuff.

for a novice- id say look at one stateside that you can test drive to see how it performs and if you can actually live with a 3b troopy.

Last edited:
The value to me is having a factory diesel lhd troopy, they are very few to choose from. I was quite surprised with my 3b troopy as it gets down the road just fine and many people have gone around the world with the 3b. You just cant be in a hurry! I did add a turbo and it really helps with the hills. This particular troopy is most likely hiding alot of rust as the european trucks are known for it, as bugs said, it is probably patched up with that paint job. But try finding another lhd diesel troopy!

I love my LHD troopy, @bvtarouca on instagram, It is a 3B non turbo and it's slow at first but can cruise at 65 or so for as long as I want to... Oklahoma doesn't have a ton of his to contend with. It's a ton of fun and I get looks and thumbs up everywhere I go. I always buy cruisers for the enjoyment value and have yet to be disappointed in one that I've owned when I bought one that I wanted to drive and then I usually fix up a few, or a lot of things that make the next person want to pay a little more than I did... LHD BJ45's are the way to go in my book. I loved the long wheel base feel of my 55 but the troops is way cooler. Not I just have to find an LV and my quiver will be full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom