Gold Mining in May, Roaring Camp gold mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PMC retirees and friends...

Cindy and I will be at the gold camp starting 5/8 and staying for a week (as usual).

www.roaringcampgold.com
Address: 13010 Tabeaud Rd, Pine Grove, CA 95665
Phone (209) 296-4100 (tell Kim that you are friends of Tony and Cindy.)

Roaring camp is a patented gold mine and open to the public during the summer. We purchase a pile of paydirt and spend the week sluicing it from 10 to noon, and 2 to 3:30 daily. After that, you can mine on your own anywhere and keep any gold you find of course.

We rent a cabin, which is moderate in size, has table and benches, closet, wood stove and two queen type beds. community restrooms and showers and laundry are always clean and neat. they provide freezer space and there a store, (food and hot lunch) and a bar. they have weekly and nightly activities such as karaoke on Thursdays. Yes, I sing.

The camp in on private property along the Mokelumen river. You enter in a group, descent 3000 feet to the river, and park your car for the week.

Please consider joining us if this interests you but I must warn you about gold fever, this is our 5th year. I will return the following week for what is called the common operations, and return late may for the 2nd and final common operation. woo hoo.

FYI for those interested, and yes you can visit for a day also where they have a 'salted' pile for day visitors and kids.

I recommend this for all retired PMC'ers and those interested in CA history and gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom