1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gease in wipers?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by TriksRevival, Sep 9, 2003.

1. TriksRevival

TriksRevival

what would be a good grease to put in the wiper motors for lubercation and such? Same with the switches to keep them moving smooth.

2. dd113

dd113

With the early style top mount wipers the grease gets hard over time. Pull the assy off and take it apart. Easy to do. There is a gear to grease and the shaft drive. I use white lith spray on the drive and regular grease on the gear. Make a big difference. I would not use grease on switches. Pull them out of the dash and clean the piss out of them with ele parts cleaner. let them dry then use a little dry graphite spray on the moving part.

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

gease in the wipers, that'd slow down the wiper speed, what did you do, drive through a pond where they were resting??? :)

4. Bryan-71

Bryan-71

Its not so much the feathers as it is that incessant honking that would get on my nerves...

5. chuglife

chuglife

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=1;threadid=5129;start=msg39683#msg39683 date=1063172607]
    gease in the wipers, that'd slow down the wiper speed, what did you do, drive through a pond where they were resting??? :)
    [/quote]

i read that and actually laughed out loud to myself :-[

6. hammerhead

hammerhead

7. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

yeah the honking would get annoying, i've never got gease in my wipers personally but last friday almost got a cockatoo in there. similar effect i would think