gearbox vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I nave a navara 4x4 diesel turbo auto . Original g/box died at 309 km. As it was a lot cheaper I got a used replacement g/box.It had a vibration in 1st gear. Replaced under warranty, same vibration, replaced, 3RD g/box had same problem!!!
With the original g/box there was no vibration. Only since the replacement were fitted has there been a vibration. The vibration only occurs in 1st gear, and severity is directly proportional to acceleration. No vibration in 2nd ,3rd &4th gears. This happened in all 3 replacement gearboxes.
Does any one have any ideas?
icon9.gif

Full marks to "4X4 and Commercial Partsworld " for honouring the warranty.
icon14.gif

Im a gearbox mechanic apprentice and I replace clutches in the d40s all the time only ever seen Grinding knocking gears in a few my advise would be to get a heavy duty clutch fitted and rebuild the whole gearbox and transfer case maybe get sum aftermarket gears put in, there a terrible gear box my old man has a d40 and his clutch let go at 80000kms

Sorry mate I Thort it said manual not auto with the auto I would get it rebuilt with good quality parts upgrade the valve body get a transmission cooler and temp gauge put In good quality oil I'm from Australia and if u r I would go to wholesale automatics they will hav every thing u need

Check all your drive shaft u-joints and carrier bearing (if so equipped). From pulling all the drive line apart to remove the transmission I am making a guess that a u-joint cup that was worn is now rotated and wobbly. Or...if you have a two-piece driveshaft did the shaft get pulled apart and re-assembled out of phase?

if a ujoint was bad youde feel a vib all the way through and at higer speeds take a tube and hold it to youre ear on the bell housing have a buddy slowly engage the clutch NOT FULLY and lusten for chatter if so then your flywheel plate needs to be grinded if not tour clutch most likly needs adjusting

if a ujoint was bad youde feel a vib all the way through and at higer speeds take a tube and hold it to youre ear on the bell housing have a buddy slowly engage the clutch NOT FULLY and lusten for chatter if so then your flywheel plate needs to be grinded if not tour clutch most likly needs adjusting

He has an automatic. In first gear the transmission can put more torque on the driveline, twisting the rear axle on it's leaf spring perches and cocking the driveline out of alignment, which would make a u-joint or phasing issue more pronounced.

Let's see what he figures out.

then its the rearend that needs to be looked at he said he swithed the gearboxes he never said anything and he had the ujoints put in by a mecanic not that that means any thing check if the yoke and the ball stud are level with each other also check the pinion angle to the driveshaft it needs to be negative 1 to 3 degrees no more no less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom