Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all new to the forum, looking forward to pulling my 4x4 out of the shed now its only been in there for all most 16 years, I drive it twice/three times a year, I would like to know can I use a Diesel tank in place of a standard Fuel tank, story is the guy I brought it from removed the main fuel tank 20 years ago and put in GAS, now the tanks are moe than 10 years old and will cost big dollars to test the gas tank, I want to refit a fuel tank .

Does any one know ? I've been looking most of the day and I haven't found a clear answer, I can get a Diesel tank at a cost but I'm not sure, I've even asked a few wreckers here in W.A AUS but I'm not getting any answers, if I can find a standard petrol tank I'll go for it.

Doesn't look like you can from a Diesel to Fuel
When one wants to convert an FJ60 (i.e. petrol) to a diesel, one has to, consequently, take into account that the wire loom has to be changed from a 12 to a 24 Volts one. Apart from a different fuel hose system and some other adaptations.

source Background information 60-serie - https://www.cruiserworld.eu/background-information-land-cruiser-60-serie/?lang=en

then there this answer

What year is the 61 series landcruiser diesel with a 200L tank?, The gas tanks on all Toyota trucks are mounted basically the same.

Exploded view of the fuel tank components-1989-91 Land Cruiser
tank.gif

Source https://www.justanswer.com/classic-cars/3dtro-fj-62-landcruiser-petrol-hands.html

So mines a 1985 3F 62, would still like to know for sure

They are the same.

Yeah G'day fellas I need your expertise in this particular area I have a big enormous job to do ahead of me after Christmas and I'm having some difficulty finding any sorta manual or plans or drawings on where these hoses are fitted other than getting underneath and having a look, any one know of a site to download plans ?, my manual book doesn't show the tank area grr, also is there a safe way of cleaning the outside of the tank and cleaning out the inside tank to prepare it before it goes back into the vehicle, all hoses will be plugged up before cleaning so nothing gets inside the tank

3jf.jpg

2fj.jpg

1fj.jpg

I should of started the post by adding this first Opp's

Gee's what a day sofar, head out early to pull this Fuel Tank out for my 4x4, not much left of the old Sahara but we got it done, we had a Ball, hard work thou.
here a few photo's of what we seen out there

toy1.jpg

toy2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom