fuel return line ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping someone can fill me in ? My 40 has a small block 350 and quadra jet carb being fed by a electric pump as well as a adjustable inline fuel pressure regulator , It appears to not have a fuel return line on it . My question is do I need one ? I have been noticing some idling issues while slowly poking along and if I rev it up some it clears up for a minute but then returns again . Anyone have a setup like this ? . The regulator has a setting of 1-5 what should it be set at ? and whats the idea for it ? thanx Neil.

Hi Neil,
I also have a SBC and have a similar fuel regular. I have a return line that goes into middle of the side of the tank next to the driver. There are two hoses piled on the tank. The black rubber hose is the return and the braid is the main that comes out of the bottom.

Larry in El Paso

I will have a look , Thanx Larry .

It appears that mine does not have a return line ? The one that should be a return line is pinched off . Larry would you have pics of how your return is plumbed from the carb ? I am thinking of pulling the fuel tank and trying to reopen the pinched off fitting to make a useable return system .

No, mine is returned from a fuel pressure regulator mounted in the engine bay.

Larry in El Paso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom