Fuel Injector Opinions Rebuilt OEM vs Having Mine Cleaned/Rebuilt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So RockAuto has some injectors for sale that the company (GB Manufacturing - anyone heard of them?) claims to be rebuilt OEM injectors. My question is whether or not I should go ahead and get these or send mine off to be cleaned/rebuilt.

This is my daily driver, so I don't particularly like the idea of having to bum a ride for a week or so waiting on my injectors to come back. Also, after the core charge, the rebuilt OEM ones cost about the same as it will to have mine rebuilt. Any thoughts on this? I'm not quite to the point of addressing the injectors, yet, but they may be added to the list in the near future.

I'd trust a good shop to rebuild mine more than not knowing who rebuilt them. Kind of like a carb.

other option is to buy a used set have those rebuilt then change them in a day, no downtime.

I had good luck sending mine to Witch Hunter for cleaning/calibration. They provide a report on the results of their work, before and after values, etc.

I had good luck sending mine to Witch Hunter for cleaning/calibration. They provide a report on the results of their work, before and after values, etc.

Yeah, they're who I will probably look at sending them to. I've heard good things about them.

Initially I was concerned with the downtime required to send the injectors to them. This issue goes away if I pick up a good used set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom