[FS] - 1991 Land Cruiser FJ80 [Denton] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As much as I never got to get it off the ground and want to, it's time to sell off my bone stock '91 FJ80 Land Cruiser. I need cash for a house and a lot of things have to go, not in the least the TLC because I actually have not had any time to work on it any more.

230k miles, A/C worked all summer, needs some maintenance etc., but you're all much better experts at that than I am. It runs (need to change out the battery due to it sitting for the last month or so which I'll do before I can show it to anyone!) but the EMS exhaust I had got for it needs tweaking to get one section to join which I'm trying to get done this weekend or next, schedule permitting.

Interested parties please PM me or respond to the ad on C.List (you'll know which one -- it's the only '91 in the DFW listings with half removed faded camo wrap..and a story).

Thanks.

4 New Falken 31" tires:

Really like your Craigslist ad :clap:

Good luck with the sale

Joe

Finally sold! Some gentleman in Northeast Texas hauled the LC on a trailer to hopefully fix up, remove the camo wrap and give it a good home. So much for my foray into owning a Land Cruiser .... for now. :)

Makes you wonder how much Sampak got for it :whoops:

Damn, I'm a little late, that ad's expired. What was going on with it? I sold mine for barely the cost of the 4 new Falkens and EMS Power exhaust. :/ I was sort of needing it gone quick for cash plus that half removed faded camo just threw off every one of the 30 odd people that contacted me. :rolleyes:

It was posted for sale the day after you sold it for, I think, $2900.

It was posted for sale the day after you sold it for, I think, $2900.

Hahhh....well I know the man told me he'd be getting the truck a little fixed up, and even asked me to ship him the exhaust clamp that was missing at the time (hence it running 'open header') so he could sell the thing (basically he flips cars). He talked about stripping the vinyl wrap off, etc. I know he told me he fixed up and sold old 4runners for years so I figured that's what he wanted to do with my FJ80. Oh well, good luck to him I suppose. Looks like it might have sold for him.

He had stripped off the old vinyl and, from the pictures at least, it was a fairly nice looking paint job. It did not look new, it just looked somewhat polished and decent looking. I would not have expected it to look like that underneath that wrap.

I couldn't believe it was your old truck but you could tell by the quarter glass in the sliding windows at the sides that the wrap either didn't come off the glass or there was something white still on the glass or something.

He had stripped off the old vinyl and, from the pictures at least, it was a fairly nice looking paint job. It did not look new, it just looked somewhat polished and decent looking. I would not have expected it to look like that underneath that wrap.

I couldn't believe it was your old truck but you could tell by the quarter glass in the sliding windows at the sides that the wrap either didn't come off the glass or there was something white still on the glass or something.

Ahh.. I see, thanks for the update on that ad. Crazy that he got that vinyl off that quick (I believe he was going to get it done by someone who knew what to do). I knew from what little I had exposed that the paint was probably in great shape for 23 years old heh. As for the rear sliding glasses, that 'mesh' vinyl was the easiest thing to get off, which is why I had one side off and the other left on due to ... laziness.

I'm glad he got what he wanted out of my truck. Hopefully it'll be properly taken care of for a nice retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom