Front end clunk drivers side when stopping fwd or reverse. Fairly certain not drive shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok new links in and the pop or clunk is still there but sound a little different. Might try the main sway bar bushings next as the one on the passenger side looked split with a fairly large gap in it. Then I might have to bite the bullet and have a shop check it out.

Ok, problem solved. I had checked everything I could, including the brake caliper bolts. I took the truck in to my mechanic and they used a listening device and found the sound coming from the caliper. They checked the bolts by hand and they were tight and no movement from the caliper was noticed. On a whim they decided to try the air gun on the bolts. The marked the bolts and then were able to turn them one turn with the air gun and verify they turn due to the marks. Problem solved. I was frustrated that I didn't find it myself but felt a little better that it took them a while to find it also, and upon initial inspection they thought everything was tight too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom