Builds "Frank" 1989 hj61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No way... I was wondering what happened to this rig ever since I saw it for sale last January. I was wrestling whether or not to grab it then... and here I am now, still searching for a nice hj61.
Cool to see it made its way here!

Nice mods you've done man!

No way... I was wondering what happened to this rig ever since I saw it for sale last January. I was wrestling whether or not to grab it then... and here I am now, still searching for a nice hj61.
Cool to see it made its way here!

Nice mods you've done man!
Not to bust your balls but it wasn't up for sale last Jan. Must have been a different rig. Save the listing you looked at?

Owned this rig for almost 5 years now. Did you post on bcrighthanddrive fb page about 60 vs 80?
Yes, I did.
I saw a HJ61 for sale on the island, same color combo as yours. Guess I jumped the gun. You don't see too many of these things around, and it was the first one that I saw in blue so I assumed it was the one.

Yes, I did.
I saw a HJ61 for sale on the island, same color combo as yours. Guess I jumped the gun. You don't see too many of these things around, and it was the first one that I saw in blue so I assumed it was the one.

Stoked there's a double out there.

You find a cruiser?
Going out mid-Feb to go look to do some photography in AB and will look at one then.

Guy seems honest, so I can say with pretty good confidence I'll buy it. It's an 89, brown on brown and bone stock. So it may not see BC, although I'm definitely tempted to get it out here so I can meet some of the folks down here and learn some basics to wheeling and trails around here. I'm leaving May to make the drive from BC to Ontario (and then PEI).

Going out mid-Feb to go look to do some photography in AB and will look at one then.

Guy seems honest, so I can say with pretty good confidence I'll buy it. It's an 89, brown on brown and bone stock. So it may not see BC, although I'm definitely tempted to get it out here so I can meet some of the folks down here and learn some basics to wheeling and trails around here. I'm leaving May to make the drive from BC to Ontario (and then PEI).
If you make it out this way give me a pm. Would be great to see a cruiser and a fellow enthusiast

These skinny tires are awesome.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Figured out a great way to find parts and compare prices.

1. Go to Parts catalog for Toyota Land Cruiser

This provides you with North American part numbers for Japanese land cruisers.

Take the part number and enter it into these websites to get prices for international and local sellers:

1. Discount OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories - ToyotaPartsDirect.com

2. PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

No longer worrying about having Japanese part numbers that aren't in any North American data bases.

Haven't done any fixing or fiddling but made out with a friend that just recently purchased a similar truck to mine.

Went a saw my in laws new pup, made some make shift chairs (as we forgot our own) and enjoyed a rainy evening beside a r

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_4341.JPG

Yer not supposed to shoot the Sasquatch! Looks like a good day, enjoy the rain!

You can tell Geoff that is really fine fab work. Have you hit it hard? I have to finish the corner of my build and these pics are
perfect to help me finish it off. I was planning on something similar, just haven't got to it yet.

Sorry for the late reply. I have hit it hard on a few occasions. The bracing from the frame doesn’t hold up as I would have hoped. The sides have been bent up and are affecting the fender flares. 😕

Glad to see you are still out there. If you get to the island let me know. I pass through the big
city, but try to go as fast as I can when I do. Too bad about the decals, they will always be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom