Fj62 dash question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For you FJ62 owners, do you know that empty space under the factory radio area...what is it used for? Can a CB fit there and if so what size or kind? If you don't know the area i will take a picture and show you.

Jason

I Use Mine For My Cell Phone, Fits Perfecty. It Takes A Preaty Hard Bunch Of Bounces To Get It To Fall Out.

A cb will fit there, but it needs to be DIN sized. The Cobra 18WXSTII should fit.

ditto on the cobra cb. Can post a picture later in you want.

pics would be great...

MIne hold CDs but a CB would be smarter use of the space.

couple of pics (hope this works). Sorry about the flash photography.

Last edited:
BigSur, I just realized you might be talking about the blank for the rear AC controls (where my air gauge is mounted)? Is that right?

Well i was actually referring to the area where your clock ( i think that is a clock) is.

I think what you're calling a clock is actually erfworm's air gauge, which is pretty cool, btw. :cool:

Air guage? for what? lockers? That is pretty slick looking.

But back to the question in hand....can a CB fit in that spot?

I believe NO is the answer to the real question. Not wide enough, unless someone makes a narrower CB

im not using mine for anything right now but im sure i will in the future.

i was talking to my friend john and he said the foreign model 60s series you can get an inclinometer that fits in there. im not sure if this is completely true as i have not seen one for the 60 series but if it is it would be a great add on.

john has a japanese one for his 80s series that lights up, gives altitude, pitch and roll. very cool. has japanese and english writing. i can take a picture of his for the 80 to give you guys an idea if you guys want. his mounts ontop of his dash though

edit: ebay has his http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-4Runner-...058869532QQcategoryZ40017QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

why not this?

install one with the controls on the handset... there are several available.

can not get the html links to work or jpg's to post - so just go to eBay and go to CB section; from the cb section

then: check the search title and description box and put the copy: controls on handset - OR Cobra 75WXST - then check search (you could do it from google)

the model you should find is:
Cobra 75WXST All in One 40 ch. CB Radio w/weather which has the noaa weather channels on the set in addition to the cb radio

you can also do a google search for that radio and do a price comparison search of the net to find the best price for that unit or another with the controls on the hand set... one guy on eBay has it for $ $69.99 buy it now.

the radio portion is very small and can be put just about anywhere if you want to run the cable to the hand set... could even put it back by the rear window washer water storage bag and hook to your bumper mount antennae and then run the wires to the microphone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom