fj60 crossbar 4 point? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One issue to think about in a street legal vehicle is if the seat belts meet legal requirements. Many 4, 5 & 6 point belts set ups do not meet DOT standards or have not been approved for street use, and in the event of an accident, injured parties could sue the owner and likely win. Cops will and do cite people for seat belts like these too.

I was cited for this in my 40 for this exact thing, and could not find a DOT approved multi-point belt system. Maybe there are some, but I could not find one.

Yes, we all know these belts are safer when installed properly, but if they are not DOT approved, you run a big risk. Seems dumb, but so do many rules and regulations.

Just something to think about.

Doug

Last edited:
my boss at ACC has a 4 point in both front seats, he seemed to never have a problem with DOT standards.
then again he has an exo cage and interior cage.

and doug, totally off topic, i want your diesel

One issue to think about in a street legal vehicle is if the seat belts meet legal requirements. Many 4, 5 & 6 point belts set ups do not meet DOT standards or have not been approved for street use, and in the event of an accident, injured parties could sue the owner and likely win. Cops will and do cite people for seat belts like these too.

I was cited for this in my 40 for this exact thing, and could not find a DOT approved multi-point belt system. Maybe there are some, but I could not find one.

Yes, we all know these belts are safer when installed properly, but if they are not DOT approved, you run a big risk. Seems dumb, but so do many rules and regulations.

Just something to think about.

Doug

Please scan this ticket or link to the law you broke when you got the ticket.

Heres an easy option. Post up in the classifieds and ask for some stock seat belts.... Should be a buttload available.

PS, theres no way I could wheel with a 16 pt harness (unless I was in the baja or competitive rock crawling). I like to see where my tires are gonna be a little too much and that involves leaning out of the drivers door/window every now and then.... For a recreational rig fancy seat belts are overkill imo.

D

my boss at ACC has a 4 point in both front seats, he seemed to never have a problem with DOT standards.
then again he has an exo cage and interior cage.

and doug, totally off topic, i want your diesel

The Schroth harness i linked to below is DOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom