FJ60 CA Header SMOG. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling my '83 FJ60. Previous owner had it smogged and it passed no problem 3 years ago. Couldnt smog it last year (was injured, no driving it) so I am doing so now since I am selling it.
It has a header, long tube it seems. I recall the PO saying it was a Downey, but Im not sure. Conveniently (sarcasm) there is no CARB number on the header. Anyone have a CARB number from a Downey header and or a pic I can use to compare? I have a buyer, dont want to dump a ton of $$ into it and cant. REALLY dont want to go through the hassle to install a stock manifold. I'd like it to pass smog legit, but also not opposed to having a little less than legit smog job...

Suggestions anyone?

will not pass smog with a header unless it is the 400 dollar smog legal header complete with sticker heat exchanger and air injection; not legitimately...

Man I forgot about this thread!
I think LAMBCRUSHER is probably correct. For me I convinced the smog guy that the header was a Downey smog legal header, and that cruised visual at least. There were other things I had to do to get it to pass, this turned out to be the least of my worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom