fj40 steering stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
could some one post a pic of there after market ones?
or tell me what kind ur using
i went to a 4wheel shop today they sell rancho and they said i need the $50 doller one with an adapter kit thats like $25 seems like a rip
let me know what u guys have

thanks so much
mike

Steering stabilizers are a bandaid..

Why do you think you need one?

you need one but your steering needs to be in top shape, i used a OME rather then a racho because the ome uses the stock placment rather that going to the diff.

If you have the stock steering setup, with center-arm, just get another oem one or similar that fits in the factory position.

OME bolts right up, cost $50-60 I run them on all my Cruisers(cept the 100)

OEM seems to last forever, but new OEM is over $100

All cruisers(cept the 100) came with a stock steering stablizer. I do agree if you are having some kinda steering problems then a damper is not gonna fix it, but if your stock damper is bad or just want a different one OME is the way to go IMOP

Monroe makes one that runs like 20.00. Seems to work fine but then again I replaced all tie rods.

the aftermarket ones mount to the axle and to the tie rod.....not in the stock location. Given the description of your 71, I'd wager you have PS.

I ran an 8" stroke Doetsch Tech stabliloizer for years and had no problems, and with some hunting I bet I can find the mounting brackets in the shop. I'll look this weekend....might have the stabil and brackets both, not sure...

On road they are a bandaid (but one I needed)...offroad they help to mitigate unexpected steernig movement as you bounce off rocks and such....

Im deff not using it as a band aid in the last 2 years i have replaced all the tie rod ends, added new PS box, New hoses, and a New pump. mine was simply bent and old so i thought i would replace it.

thanks
mike

The Monroe that I purchased fit exactly like the OE. No brackets or any of the like.

As does the Old Man Emu.
18362238.jpg

Jukelemon said:
The Monroe that I purchased fit exactly like the OE. No brackets or any of the like.

there's a thread resurrection.....

According to Rock auto
MONROE SC2916 {#SC2934} Magnum Info
Front; w/o OEM Steering Stabilizer; Replacement Cylinder for SA19xx Steering Stabilizer Kit

$27.79

upload_2016-8-31_15-9-50.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom