FJ40 Pics from "Back in the day" (70's, 80's) (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A road military checkpoint enforcing a gun ban during tumultuous 80's Philippine election. My Dad served as a local election officer and I took this picture using a disposable film camera.

ForumRunner_20140115_191845.jpg
ForumRunner_20140115_191845.jpg

A road military checkpoint enforcing a gun ban during tumultuous 80's Philippine election. My Dad served as a local election officer and I took this picture using a disposable film camera.

In the background is a 50's M38-A1 my grandpa acquired as surplus after the Korean conflict.

Me (right middle) and a bunch of my friends chilin out in the back of the Cruiser... How cool was it to have parents that raced a TLC back in the day you ask? Pretty freaking cool, I had no shortage of "freinds". They all wanted to go for a ride. Awww who needs seatbelts?

Posted via IH8MUD app
1389902356444.jpg

A old pic of my dad in his cruiser in the late 60's in northern british Columbia.URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/bigneily/media/e4d33c1b

Posted this one in the hunting section but thought it would fit here also, A wolf my dad shot in the 70's in northern b.c also. Neil

Me (right middle) and a bunch of my friends chilin out in the back of the Cruiser... How cool was it to have parents that raced a TLC back in the day you ask? Pretty freaking cool, I had no shortage of "freinds". They all wanted to go for a ride. Awww who needs seatbelts?

Posted via IH8MUD app
Reminds me of the old Toyota ad showing seven Japanese guys in a 40 with the statement that the 40 carried 7 passengers in comfort at 70 mph. Good stuff!

My aunt Debbie Fj40 taken in the 70s.
image-1675742065.jpg

What a fantastic flash back. The true tracs, people really enjoying life by the day, the smiles on the faces that are real. My wife and I had a lot of fun in our 40 back in the 70's and 80's. Now she has a FJCruiser and I have the 78 fj40. I still love the flash backs. Thanks to so many for refiring the memory. Please keep them comming.

Here are a few pics of my old girls from days gone by. The blue one I had is a 1976 FJ40 LHD that I picked up when I was living in the Northern Territory. You can just see my red cattle dog pup in the foreground blending into the dirt.
1977 FJ55.jpg
FJ40  Left Hand Drive.jpg
FJ40 at Guthega.jpg
FJ40.jpg
1972 FJ55.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom