Fitment recomendation for PHX body shop??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nifski

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can adjust the body panels on a 1975 FJ40 in Phoenix, would like to find someone who knows what he is doing.

Thanks, as always

I don't know of any body shops that have experience with a '40. Most mainly work on newer uni-body cars, so a '40 would be foreign to them? Best bet would be to hook up with a local owner who knows '40's?

What is it needing? Just parts incorrectly installed, aftermarket parts, is it a restore or trail rig, etc?

I had Brad's Deer Valley at 19th ave/Deer Valley do my entire 1975 fj40 restoration. They did a fantastic job, and it involved taking everything off the truck except the tub off the frame. Ask to speak to Clark, he is the guy i normally deal with.

Not sure what you looking for. If the frame and tub are straight and the rest are OEM parts I see no reason to go to a body shop. Just put it all together with out tighten things down until are as straight as you ca get it then tighten it all up. These were built as a utility vehicle not like a Lexus. I don't ever remember seeing spot welds on any Lexus. When there are covered up on a FJ40 it's no longer like it came from teh factory. This is one of the things I like about the 40 series is how simple they were put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom