FINALLY!! 5.3 Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear Power Port and Amp under Back seat (YES the seat will still fold and tumble)
DSC07224-800.jpg
DSC07223-800.jpg
DSC07221-800.jpg

Tuffy w/ CB attachment and another 12v power point.

Stock Gauges working w/ LS engine

Bluetooth Mic.

DSC07232-800.jpg
DSC07229-800.jpg
DSC07236-800.jpg

Looks great Michael- I like the location of the fuse box in the tuffy- Remember this one when i was there- I dont even want to know how that 5.3 drives- it would be like crack to a 2f guy.

Looking great Michael. This update is the perfect Birthday present. Can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Very clean install. I love it.

Are you happy with the FJ-62 shifter?

Yes and No. The way it is set up now you just pull it right past D and into 3 which is actually D for the 4L60. That is one of the things that we may change in the future but the owner wanted to keep it as stock looking as possable so it will stay for now.

any more details on the electric radiator fan setup...what type fans, what is controlling on and off?

Any close up pics of the A/C hoses... I need to have some made for my FJ60...with GM A/C compressor off a 1999 Yukon and the rest toyota.

any more details on the electric radiator fan setup...what type fans, what is controlling on and off?

The fan is a Summit Dual Electric fan w/ shroud. We had to make a custom mount to mount it to the radiator but it looks factory. The ECU controls the ON/OFF

Any close up pics of the A/C hoses...
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/228243-finally-5-3-conversion-2.html#post4954044

We had to buy the Buick AC Hoses from the dealer and then had them cut up. We have a hose shop in town that can make us ANY hose that we need (A/C, Brake, PS, Etc). EVerything is stock Toyota except the hose from the compressor to drier and from the AC Box back to the compressor.
DSC05429-800.jpg

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I did not recognize the fans and from what I can see looks like a very good setup. I like the SPAL aftermarket brand stuff, so far I've had good luck with a dual fan setup from a ford contour V-6 model.

I need to check around to see what the local shop can do on A/C hoses...

I think the V-8 really makes these trucks fun to drive.

any more pics of the tranny pan ?? you trimed it and the oil pan right

TOOOO SWEET! That is pretty much the setup I am looking to do over the next couple of years while I am on shore duty(NAVY), except the auto will be a 5 speed.

Total Price to date?

PM for pricing...

Not the cheapest thing in the world but it is fun....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom