Failing Already? Front Inner Axle Seals (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cannot imagine that the grease is separating in there
If at any time in the vehicle’s life, different greases were used in the same cavity, they’ll most likely separate into liquids once they mix. Basically turn into oil.
Never mix dissimilar grease. The knuckle cavity is a very large space. Once different grease gets mixef in there- you’re basically toast. It’ll all turn into water.
Only way to set things right is to disassemble and clean out all old grease completely with solvent.

If at any time in the vehicle’s life, different greases were used in the same cavity, they’ll most likely separate into liquids once they mix. Basically turn into oil.
Never mix dissimilar grease. The knuckle cavity is a very large space. Once different grease gets mixef in there- you’re basically toast. It’ll all turn into water.
Only way to set things right is to disassemble and clean out all old grease completely with solvent.
Last rebuild everything was cleaned and new grease was used.

new grease was used.
and in my experience.... some of the synthetic greases liquify much more readily than the old school grease.
Sta-Lube has made an EP moly graphite grease for at least 40 years. It was what I used back then. It definitely doesn’t separate and is a very good grease- which is probably why it is still in production 4 decades later.
F5DE61C9-888A-463F-A4D3-B59C73FC2D63.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom