EXPO 5.16.2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be there all three days, camping at Dairy springs with the FJ group...I'll look for you guys!

Camping Friday night near Clint's Well and then will come up to Expo on Saturday.

Not sure what time but I'm still planning on making it north tomorrow afternoon or evening. If you see a slate color Sequoia with a rust colored FJ40 on a car hauler that would be me. Depending on how busy it is might stop for a bite to eat at Long Valley cafe.

I'll be going to check it out Saturday ~

Heading up Sat morning.

Rain turned to snow on 260 a few miles before getting to 87. Snowpacked the rest of the way. Not a good weekend to be camping.

Yup, I opted out of the Boy Scout camp in Williams and will hit the Expo next year. Too much bad weather for me.

It has rained or snowed all day long here in Flag. 7" of snow west of here, cold and wet without any significant accumulation in town. I am very happy to NOT be camping this weekend. Headed out for a day trip in the am.

Currently south of Mormon Lake. Few inches of snow on the ground and still snowing. Time to get fire going in the stove.

It was cold, rainy , muddy, with a little snow. Meeting up with old friends and making new ones made it all worth it.

Dust control everywhere

image.jpg

Last edited:
It was good seeing a few of the CSC guys up at the Expo but this pretty much sums up how I lived for the last 3 days.
100_4966.JPG
100_4965.JPG
100_4964.JPG
100_4960.JPG
100_4969.JPG

I genuinely felt bad for all of the people in ground tents. This weekend was a great argument for a trailer, or roof mounted tent. We still had a GREAT time, despite the weather. After this weekend, my wife is really ready to travel as a way of life, not just a weekend or week-long vacation. Need to figure out the super-early retirement/semi-retirement thing...

I didn't actually make it to the Expo. I gave up after sitting in traffic just trying to get near the parking lot. Not a Cruiser, but here's the obligatory pic of my ride in the snow.

1431964406183.jpg

Ah yes the 7X series, the one that Toyota didn't import to the US.:bang:

As for the 40 series with double spares the rearview vision is bad enough with ambulance doors and one spare. I'm one of those who uses both doors and windshield mount mirror. Of course I also like having a hand brake on my cruisers.:rolleyes:

Not only the mud but camping right on top of someone else is not my cup of tea. Better places to camp then in a meadow when there is a wet snow like this.

I didn't actually make it to the Expo. I gave up after sitting in traffic just trying to get near the parking lot. Not a Cruiser, but here's the obligatory pic of my ride in the snow.

Yes not a cruiser but the white color:grinpimp:

Thought I'd share some of my favorites. We went up Saturday night and spent the night in Flagstaff and went to the expo Sunday. It was a beautiful day but wished we had more time. Very cool experience.

I only saw one 200 series and I liked the way it looked.

The van was cool because the owner did pretty much everything inside himself.

Diesel Jeep "Africa" is just awesome.

I liked the Lexus LX's & GX's because they're unique.

More to come.

1432177593421.jpg

1432177612522.jpg

1432177625731.jpg

1432177758495.jpg

1432177769211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom