EPIC Cruisers - Oil Catch Can Kit - NOW AVAILABLE! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am hoping to get to work on my valve cover gasket this week and will install this at the same time. I will post up my experience/pics.

Smitty

I was able to get mine installed today as I wrapped up my valve cover gasket job. The instructions were SUPER easy and concise…with one hiccup…I didn’t have the engine hoist bracket 🤷🏻‍♂️. I had my head gasket done years ago and never noticed that bracket didn’t make it back onto the block ☹️. I ended up mounting it only onto the fixed bracket off the fuel line. There is a little movement and I probably don’t want this extra weight vibrating only on this mounting point long term, but it should be good until I can source the engine hoist bracket.

I am excited about this mod and already ordered a second for another 80 that I am picking up n the next week.

Thank you Epic Cruisers for a well thought out and well executed catch can!

IMG_6873.jpeg

IMG_6875.jpeg

Last edited:
Naïve question: How much room is there under the can when mounted? Do you connect a hose for draining?
Good question. There is room under the catch can to attach a hose, however it wouldn't really work. In order to drain the catch can you would have to unscrew the bottom drain plug (if you had a hose attached) and unfortunately there isn't enough space to fit your hand to be able to do that. There are two options to drain the catch can...

Option 1 - If you have small enough hands/fingers it is possible to unscrew the entire bowl and carefully remove it. Turn the bowl towards the passenger side to unscrew it. However just make sure when you screw it back on that you only snug it down, this allows easy removal the next time. If you over-tighten it then it will be nearly impossible to unscrew it without bending the bracket. Over-tightening can crack the plastic bowl and is not necessary because there is an internal gasket that helps seal the bowl to the aluminum body, so snug is good.
1712606626595.png

Option 2 - You can disconnect the hoses on the ends with the clamps, and then loosen the two mounting bolts for the mounting bracket. Now you should be able to pivot back the entire assembly and slide it up and off the engine.
1712606662958.png

Feel free to ask any follow up questions or any additional questions you may have.

Last edited:
Only 1 kit left! If you've been thinking about ordering here's your sign.

A sincere thank you to the 19 folks who have purchased a kit so far. Most should have received their kits already or will in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing all these kits mounted on some awesome rigs.

@TNFZJ Glad we could make it happen and thanks for the detailed pictures 👍

Seeing your supercharged 80 on Insta, I'd love to see some pics of the kit once you get it mounted. Also once you get some miles in, please share your experience with the catch can on a SC application. I think a few people on the forum and myself would value your feedback!

I'm down for 2 when you have another batch ready.
Just saw your message on the website, I'm hoping to have another batch ready in the next few weeks. I will post on here once they're almost ready, to give everyone a heads up of when they'll be back in stock on our website.
Watching this thread so I get notified if/when you build a second run of these. My '96 is supercharged. Not sure whether I have the engine hoist bracket -- need to go look!
Yes sir, stay tuned. They'll be back in stock shortly! Hopefully you still have the bracket, if not the only way to purchase it is used. I searched a ton to find the part number for it, but Beno confirmed that it is not available through Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom