dual alternators anyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RAYJON

Get a bigger hammer..
Threads
IMG_1188[1].JPG
worked on this today, one 100amp and one 140amp, it was cheeper than buying the idler for the belt where the a/c compressor was....stock belt is too long will have to get a shorter one to test it out but it all lined up.....

Last edited:
yes dual batts, figured one for the truck one for the winch, I will wire it with a isolator like I had in my Blazer with the dual batteries.

I was getting a serpentine setup and the only ones that had the cs144 140amp alternator I wanted were the later ones with the alternator on the passenger side. The early trucks had the same crank pulley with the alt on the drivers side, so mix and match, there is a bracket/adapter for the cs144 for the drivers side/early trucks but it is very rare

btw anyone needing a alternator look at the cs144, you can swap them into just about anything and they put out crazy amperage even at idle.

ohh and I got it all and some other stuff, for under 100$ at the half price day at pick and pull..

anyone wanting a serpentine setup PM/call me I will explain how to do the swap,

Last edited:
I also found a really nice relay pack for the tauras fans off a crown Vic, has a high and low relay with its own mounting bracket.. Really slick...

Thanks. For the link, thought it would be $$ to do that but that is neat, need some diodes.. wire and a volt meter.

Dan I did some more digging and converting it to a welder is easy, I can even run an external regulator and switch it back to a regular alternator with some simple wiring, thanks again..

Your cheapskategenuity never ceases to amaze me, Ray. Bravo.

I like that, I will use that... my wife says its the Welsh/Irish in me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom